Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Minnesota Wild Thread

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#181 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 6,451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

This team sucks, no heart.
Fletcher has to go, Boudreau has to go.
Two more losers in the rich history of Minnesota sports losers.

Boudreau shoukd be safe. I trust him getting whatever team he has to the playoffs. I think this is the summer where Fletcher's seat gets hot... He's on his 3rd HC, and these are the players he's acquired. I don't think this core is enough to win a Stanley Cup.

#182 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

This is what Boudreau has done time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. He can't win in the playoffs

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#183 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

If you guys really don't want Suter, we'll gladly take him off your hands here in LA.

He lacks in leadership, that is true. And he deserves A LOT of blame for that void. I've thought for years now that his attitude and mental stamina are just pure horsebleep. But he is the most talented defensive d-man in the world.

Parise's goose is cooked. He's not going to be worth a lick throughout the duration of his contract. Suter, on the other hand? All-Star caliber the next three seasons at least.

Edited by Pardon My Dinger, 16 April 2017 - 07:25 PM.

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#184 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

If you guys really don't want Suter, we'll gladly take him off your hands here in LA.

He lacks in leadership, that is true. And he deserves A LOT of blame for that void. I've thought for years now that his attitude and mental stamina are just pure horsebleep. But he is the most talented defensive d-man in the world.

Parise's goose is cooked. He's not going to be worth a lick throughout the duration of his contract. Suter, on the other hand? All-Star caliber the next three seasons at least.

There may not be good answers to the leadership issues, but Suter is the change I'd target.  My guess is we do nothing though.  Nothing significant.

#185 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

So what are the odds that we can win this series?

10%?

Much lower.
Historically it's 2.2%.
4 times in 184 chances a team has come back from down 3-0.

#186 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

FYI this next one has a naughty word in it...but it's the Soprano's, you know what you get.

Edited by DaveW, 19 April 2017 - 09:23 PM.

• TheLeviathan, Vanimal46 and Pardon My Dinger like this

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#187 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

Duby played amazing tonight.

They finally found a way to score a couple goals, and now  it goes back to Minnie for game 5 (going to the game!)

If the Wild win game 5 then suddenly all the pressure shifts to the Blues.

Oh boy, here we go!

(Inevitably this team will find a way to break our hearts though...it's science)

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#188 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

The team finally caught a break so they could score first.  I think they win Game 5, then things get interesting.

But if Jake Allen isn't exceptional, we absolutely have a shot.  If it weren't for Allen this would be 3-1 the other way.

#189 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

The team finally caught a break so they could score first.  I think they win Game 5, then things get interesting.

But if Jake Allen isn't exceptional, we absolutely have a shot.  If it weren't for Allen this would be 3-1 the other way.

It's not all Allen though, the Wild have really gotten unlucky/or flat out missed a lot of wide open shots.

No reason at all to go 0 for 11 on 5 v 4 power plays, I'm pretty sure they are also like zero for eight on 1 on zero breakaways as well.

Staal, Zucker, etc need to start burying some of those type of plays.

The good news is the Wild have out played the Blues in like 66% of the periods thus far, just need to keep it up.

I think if the Wild win game 5 they have a 50% in my mind to win both games 6 and 7.

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#190 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

You guys are hilarious. 

#191 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

I think the Blues probably close it Saturday, but if Allen is mortal I think we still have a shot.

#192 Joe A. Preusser

Joe A. Preusser

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

I do not believe Allen is as good a goalie as he has looked. He flat out stole game 1. If he regresses to just "very good" instead of effing Dominik Hasek in his prime, the Wild could win the next three. But even then it is incredibly hard road against a good defensive team.

#193 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Whatever happens in the next game, Pietrangelo needs to get his clock cleaned for that last second hit. 

#194 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

This game is nuts. I have a gut feeling it's just setting us up for another Minnesota heartbreak though.

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#195 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

Lol losers now, losers always. Fire fletcher and Boudreau, neither ******* can escape the first ****ing round ever.

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#196 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Fun game, typical Minnesota ending.

Big offseason coming.

#197 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Fun game, typical Minnesota ending.

Big offseason coming.

Lol not really. They have zero cap room and can't afford to buy out the gigantic piece of **** known as Jason Pominville.

Basically looking at the same squad of losers who will make it into the playoffs and flame out like every other season.

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"

#198 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

The Blues made mistake after mistake in OT and the wild didn't capitalize. Wild make one mistake and the Blues pounce.
This team needs finishers, badly.
  • Vanimal46 likes this

#199 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Lol not really. They have zero cap room and can't afford to buy out the gigantic piece of **** known as Jason Pominville.
Basically looking at the same squad of losers who will make it into the playoffs and flame out like every other season.

They are going to have to be creative, that's for sure. I meant "big" as in "critical"....some serious tweaking has to happen.

#200 DaveW

DaveW

Bullies never win

• Members
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

They are going to have to be creative, that's for sure. I meant "big" as in "critical"....some serious tweaking has to happen.

Fletcher doesn't have it in him. All he knows how to do is give up every ****ing draft pick ever for mediocre crap: Pominville, Martin, Handel, etc

I'd look to trade Scandella for Evander Kane to start things.

"1 out of 17 ain't bad"