Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Sign Rajai Davis!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

I would love to see the Twins bring in Rajai Davis to play left field and back up Buxton in center. It would be nice to add some needed speed back into this lineup.

Let Eddie Rosario & Robbie Grossman battle it out for the 4th outfielder spot.

• enge0280 likes this

#2 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Cooperstown

• Twins Mods
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

I think I like Ryan Raburn better. In my opinion the Twins need a righty platoon partner for Rosario/Kepler. Raburn seems more likely to accept a platoon role and he destroys lefties. I think Davis will be looking for a full time gig seeing as his star is shining due to a single post season HR, however I don't think he can hit enough.
  • enge0280 likes this

#3 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,739 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

I think I like Ryan Raburn better. In my opinion the Twins need a righty platoon partner for Rosario/Kepler. Raburn seems more likely to accept a platoon role and he destroys lefties. I think Davis will be looking for a full time gig seeing as his star is shining due to a single post season HR, however I don't think he can hit enough.

Agreed and disagree.

Big agree on Raburn more likely to accept a platoon role, as that's basically been his role the past 5 seasons now. Pretty sure I pined for Raburn on an occassion or two on BYTO.

Disagree on the Davis not being able to hit enough. While Raburn does have an edge in career OPS against lefties at the plate (.827 vs .780), they're nearly identical against righties, and Davis is better on the bases.

#4 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

I think it would be a great signing for the Twins. It would give the Twins a stolen base threat and would be a nice lead off hitter for this team. And if he puts up a solid year he could have a little trade value in July.

#5 adorduan

adorduan

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

He signed with the A's 1 year @ 6 million.

#6 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

So much for that move. Just waiting to see who Oakland get for him when they flip him.

#7 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

So much for that move. Just waiting to see who Oakland get for him when they flip him.

They have been there and done that with Davis. Trystan Magnuson and Danny Farquhar. I really do not see much more than that ever coming back for Davis

#8 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 5,291 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

They have been there and done that with Davis. Trystan Magnuson and Danny Farquhar. I really do not see much more than that ever coming back for Davis

Correct. 4th OF types don't exactly bring massive returns at the deadline.
Papers...business papers.