Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Stop By, Say Hi (Get To Know Us)

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#241 akmanak

akmanak

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

Wasnt sure where I should post this, but just wanted to tell the board that the amount of knowledge you guys give me so I can be a more knowledgeable fan is awesome and the snarkieness is enjoyable and disturbing at the same time.

Thank you.
  • ChiTownTwinsFan, ashburyjohn, Mike Sixel and 2 others like this

#242 theJemmer

theJemmer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

Bruce Bialka, Brainerd class of ’82 and St Cloud St class of ’87.Pitched for the Huskies in college.Been a Twins fan since my brother had me memorize the Twins batting order as a 3 year old. 

Best Twins memories – was in the house for games 1,2, and 7 in 1987.Spent game 6 studying for the CPA exam and yelling at the TV for Tom Kelly to pinch hit for Hrbie because he was hitting so poorly – right before he hit his grand slam and the rest is history.Remember the bedlam on 7 corners right after the game.We’d clear the intersection when the lights were green, then when they turned red, swarms of people would run into the intersection and high-five, etc.My buddy said “HELL-OWWW!!” to an attractive girl walking by during the craziness and she stopped and kissed him full on the lips while I stood to the side with my mouth agape.After watching the Vikes get crushed in 3 Super Bowls during my elementary school years – well, the release of getting over the “loserville” tag was awesome.

Was in the stands for the famous “RD Standing O” – the much maligned reliever was called in from the bullpen and some guys started an impromptu standing ovation.Soon, the entire stadium was standing and cheering all the way through his save. Also awesome.

Was at every home playoff and WS game in 1991.Sat in Left field and got a high-five from Jarvis Brown as the players circled the field postgame.Also awesome.

Was at the Twins first interleague game in Houston, we lost but Mollie hit a homer.

Found Twins Daily through Twitter originally after I wanted more content than is provided by the fish wraps.Started following mostly when I heard that the Twins had, amazingly, given over $3m to some 16 yr old kid by the name of Sano, then followed that up with Kepler. 

Greatly enjoy the site and the banter though I don’t post much.Thanks for all you do….

The Jemmer (@theRealJemmer)

• ChiTownTwinsFan, ashburyjohn, Craig Arko and 1 other like this