Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

2016-2017 Vikings Offseason Thread

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, Floyd does nothing for me.

Is anyone else irritated how last year when our QB has a fluke injury our best option is Michael Vick and this year Romo, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, and Kapernick (among others) are all available?

Screw you Football Gods!

• Mike Sixel likes this

#242 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Minnesota Twins Whine Line Host

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

Anyone have interest in WR Eric Decker? He was released this morning because he didn't fit the Jets' plans of losing as many games as possible this season. 

If he were signed, IMO he'd be the best WR on roster. He was extremely durable and consistent from 2012-2015.  

• bluechipper likes this

#243 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

Anyone have interest in WR Eric Decker? He was released this morning because he didn't fit the Jets' plans of losing as many games as possible this season. 

If he were signed, IMO he'd be the best WR on roster. He was extremely durable and consistent from 2012-2015.  

To me it doesn't hurt to sign him to a incentive laden contract.  He has the chance to be a great asset to the team if he can stay healthy.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#244 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

To me it doesn't hurt to sign him to a incentive laden contract.  He has the chance to be a great asset to the team if he can stay healthy.

Agreed. I'm not sure what it would take to sign him, but there is room on the roster for a #1/#2 type WR.

The investment in Floyd is minimal, and it's certainly not guaranteed he'll make the roster out of training camp. I'm also already convinced Treadwell is a bust. 

Decker - Diggs - Thielen is a pretty good WR group. 

• SF Twins Fan likes this

#245 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

I think I'd rather go for Jeremy Maclin. He can stretch the field, which this team is lacking.
  • Vanimal46 likes this

#246 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

Didn't know Maclin was released. He's another very intriguing name. Much more intriguing than Floyd.

Edited by Vanimal46, 07 June 2017 - 08:58 PM.

#247 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Shocker. Floyd fails an alcohol test 5 days before mandatory testing ends....claims it was Kombucha. From what I read, he'd have to have had something around 150-380 ounces in an hour to test that high, depending on the alcohol content.....seems....doubtful.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#248 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Shocker. Floyd fails an alcohol test 5 days before mandatory testing ends....claims it was Kombucha. From what I read, he'd have to have had something around 150-380 ounces in an hour to test that high, depending on the alcohol content.....seems....doubtful.

Yeah, sad really.
So much to lose, and so close to the end of house arrest, and he feels he has to have a drink.
Obviously don't know him, but it appears he clearly has a problem.
Hope he is able to get some help before it turns tragic.

#249 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Clearly he needs help. I hope he gets it.
  • nicksaviking likes this

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#250 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

Clearly he needs help. I hope he gets it.

And considering he's on house arrest, a friend or family member almost certainly had to get it for him.

That person needs to be exorcised from his life.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#251 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

Sigh.... The Vikings wrote a letter of support for Michael Floyd believing that he only drank Kombucha tea and it prompted the failed alcohol tests. 

That would be around 20 bottles of kombucha to reach the BAC level he was at. 

#252 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

Can we just admit the Vikings have not, at all, stuck to their statement they'll be "better" than other companies when it comes to conduct?

#253 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

And Floyd's punishment, for violating house arrest, and lying about it, is 1 day in jail and no repercussions from his employer.
No wonder he took his house arrest so lightly.

#254 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

The Vikings report to training camp this Sunday.... Good lord that sneaked up on us. 

#255 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

The Vikings report to training camp this Sunday.... Good lord that sneaked up on us. 

It's amazing how you don't notice this stuff when you live in a town w/o an NFL team. 

#256 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Rhodes now the third highest paid CB in the game. Good for him and the Vikings.

#257 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

So, back when we had a Vikings forum, I was continuously convinced that Boone was not just disappointing for the money, but solid (as some here, and especially the star Tribune beat writers kept insisting), but downright awful, and should be cut.

I'm glad too see the team cut ties, despite the guaranteed money, that takes guts.

5 new o line starters from a year ago, incredible.

Especially awaiting Mark Craig's assessment of the Boone cut, as he consistently mocked and belittled anyone who suggested Boone was no good, during his live chats last year.

#258 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 22,501 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

hahahahahaha. Good luck with that OLINE.

I've been ripping on Spielman for years on another forum about his handling of the OLine. Unfortunately, i appear to have been correct this time, alas.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#259 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:08 AM

Their offense is going to be bad. Really, really bad. I can't see them winning more than 6 games this season. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

#260 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm not so sure the o line will be bad.
I think, with 5 new guys (and 2 rookies), it'll take a few games to gel, but I think it will be substantially better than last year's version.

Plus, Cook will be magnitudes better than anything they had in the run game last year, IMO.
  • Mike Sixel likes this