Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Dozier Trade Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2825 replies to this topic

#2821 CiabanItReal

CiabanItReal

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

I'm 100% confident that wasn't the case.

Dozier >>> Forsythe and everyone knows that, Twins wouldn't have picked up the phone again if it was just JDL for Dozier, there is a reason why they included Alvarez, Dozier is in his prime, 45+ hr power and a 5-6 WAR 2B

Forsythe is pretty good, really solid OBP and has slugged .444 the last two years with an ops over .790 the last two years. Really solid defender too. Dozier definitely the better base runner though.

That being said, Dozier isn't better enough to justify DeLeon + Alverez+ more compared to Forsythe, while he would be an upgrade over forsythe, he isn't enough of one to make up the difference in price.

#2822 CiabanItReal

CiabanItReal

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

I THINK (can't confirm) the Twins wanted Lux or Smith but the dodgers didn't want to give them up. Take that for what you will.

I never did get specific confirmation on exactly WHO were third players offered.

Theyre 2nd rounder was a college pitcher Mitch white, and their 3rd was a big strong high schooler named Dustin May fwiw.

#2823 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 7,129 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

So, if I'm the Dodgers and I know the Rays will take De Leon in a 1:1, but Dozier would cost De Leon and Alvarez, the Dodgers would take the Rays deal every day.
  • Twins33 and Physics Guy like this

#2824 Lee-The-Twins-Fan

Lee-The-Twins-Fan

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

I'm a little disappointed, but more relieved than anything that this ordeal is over. 

Now the Twins can go out and sign some pitchers and one FA outfielder and head to the season!!

#2825 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 16,542 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Moderator warning: As is always the case around issues where there are strong and passionate disagreements, it's difficult to not make/take things personally ... but please try. First off, this isn't a thread about Dave's source. He brought us some information, we discussed it a LOT a LOT a LOT, along with other rumors out there, and it didn't work out. So let's not make it about Dave and his credibility, because that isn't the case. Discuss and disagree all you want, but don't shoot the messenger, no matter what your feelings are about said messenger. Second, when you disagree with people, leave out the snottiness and the smug 'I'm right' attitudes. That's a good way to fire up the making it/taking it personal, and it doesn't further anyone's good points of discussion. Third, as frustrated as we are about the state of the Twins, it's just a game. Be angry if you want. Question the decisions all you want. Make points about what you think should have been done/not done. But do so respectfully of one another, the FO, players here or there, on-field managers, etc. I've been generous about not handing out warning points, but I'm going to continue to be quick-handed at hiding posts and comments that lead to nothing but squabbling.

And the same goes for the other Dozier thread.

Thank you for your consideration.

#2826 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 20,284 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

I'm a little disappointed, but more relieved than anything that this ordeal is over. 

Now the Twins can go out and sign some pitchers and one FA outfielder and head to the season!!

Which free agents are good?

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?