Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Dozier Trade Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2825 replies to this topic

#2141 dnosler

dnosler

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Dustin was one of the guys over here trying to call me out on TwinsDaily, and then bashing me on twitter (I had to block him)

I never "bashed" you on Twitter. I opined that your information re: Alvarez was untrue/unbelievable, and I was able to confirm that it was on my end. I never tweeted at you directly.

I have been following the threads, but this is only my third comment on this forum.
  • Cory Engelhardt and HawkeyeDodger like this

#2142 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win! Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,079 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Moderator warning: Stop the back and forth and the accusations, please, before it gets caustic. One person's source said one thing, another's said another, another journalist says a third, and on and on ... until any of us knows exactly what's been said, not said, offered, not offered, please allow for everyone's RESPECTFUL speculation.

• glunn, Jerr, Cory Engelhardt and 3 others like this

#2143 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Members
  • 12,413 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

I never "bashed" you on Twitter. I opined that your information re: Alvarez was untrue/unbelievable, and I was able to confirm that it was on my end. I never tweeted at you directly.

I have been following the threads, but this is only my third comment on this forum.

We will agree to disagree on your first paragraph, but you did tweet at me.

Maybe it wasn't you on this forum...but it was someone from the site. If it wasn't you I apologize.

Moving on we will see ultimately who was right when someone goes on the record or when the trade (likely) goes through.

Edited by DaveW, 11 January 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS  7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#2144 dnosler

dnosler

Elizabethton

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

We will agree to disagree on your first paragraph, but you did tweet at me.

Maybe it wasn't you on this forum...but it was someone from the site. If it wasn't you I apologize.

Moving on we will see ultimately who was right when someone goes on the record or when the trade (likely) goes through.

Dave, I would admit if I ever interacted with you on Twitter. I did not. And I don't appreciate the accusations on Twitter (when I cannot reply because you blocked me).

And I know what you're referring to on this forum. Trust me, it wasn't anyone who writes for the site. If anything, it was a reader, a person over whom I have no control.

#2145 DaveW

DaveW

• Members
  • 12,413 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Also to show there are no hard feelings:

I'm in LA for the next 36 hours, if you want to discuss our differing reports on what our sources have given us I will happily buy you a brew in Beverley Hills area to chat all things Dodgers Twins.

Edited by DaveW, 11 January 2017 - 06:31 PM.

• Steve Lein, glunn, Oldgoat_MN and 2 others like this

Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS  7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#2146 DaveW

DaveW

• Members
  • 12,413 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Dave, I would admit if I ever interacted with you on Twitter. I did not. And I don't appreciate the accusations on Twitter (when I cannot reply because you blocked me).

And I know what you're referring to on this forum. Trust me, it wasn't anyone who writes for the site. If anything, it was a reader, a person over whom I have no control.

If it wasn't you then it was someone who tagged you on twitter, sorry I am new to twitter so sometimes it's hard to figure out the specifics. Plenty of people from
Your site were harassing and trolling me though, if you say it wasn't you I will give you benefit of the doubt.
  • glunn and HawkeyeDodger like this

#2147 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win! Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,079 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

While this camaraderie is nice, please move this to PM's. :)

• glunn and Jerr like this

#2148 DaveW

DaveW

• Members
  • 12,413 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

Fwiw: just sent that tweet and message to source, they replied "alvarez definitely was in the offer and remains in offer along with JDL, issue has and remains Twins insistence on a third asset"

Not trying to start an argument, just passing on the info.
  • Bill Tanner likes this

#2149 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I honestly applaud your dedication to this at this point.  Call me a skeptic.  Mostly because I am a David and I have a natural distrust of anybody that chooses to go by Dave:) .  

So do I now!

he gone!

#2150 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

http://www.twincitie...g-brian-dozier/

Berardino says talks are tabled, not dead. Though the Dodgers will have to come calling if they want Dozier because the Twins are done calling and won't accept their current offer which did not include Alvarez, Buehler or Stewart.

Unless some way it instead included Bellinger who wasn't mentioned but assumed off limits, yeah, the Twins should walk.
  • ChiTownTwinsFan, SF Twins Fan and Strato Guy like this

#2151 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Win! Twins!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,079 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

Berardino says talks are tabled, not dead. Though the Dodgers will have to come calling if they want Dozier because the Twins are done calling and won't accept their current offer which did not include Alvarez, Buehler or Stewart.

Unless some way it instead included Bellinger who wasn't mentioned but assumed off limits, yeah, the Twins should walk.

Very nice article.

#2152 DaveW

DaveW

• Members
  • 12,413 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

To be fair Beradino never said they didn't offer Alvarez etc, the article states "other reports state that" Alvarez wasn't included. Those other reports are dubious IMO

#2153 TyTY23

TyTY23

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

To be fair Beradino never said they didn't offer Alvarez etc, the article states "other reports state that" Alvarez wasn't included. Those other reports are dubious IMO

Actually he did, Beradino's sources informed him that Alvarez was never offered. He is referencing his source in his report.   

"The Dodgers, according to sources familiar with the talks, were willing to part with right-hander Jose De Leon, their top-rated pitching prospect, but steadfastly refused to include a second high-end pitching prospect such as Yadier Alvarez, Walker Buehler or even Brock Stewart."

Edited by TyTY23, 12 January 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#2154 ShouldaCouldaWoulda

ShouldaCouldaWoulda

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • LocationMonticello

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

While this camaraderie is nice, please move this to PM's. :)

Nah, I think it is good for us all to see things play out in a positive way now and then.

• ChiTownTwinsFan and glunn like this

#2155 AZTwin

AZTwin

Ft Myers

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Actually he did, Beradino's sources informed him that Alvarez was never offered. He is referencing his source in his report.

"The Dodgers, according to sources familiar with the talks, were willing to part with right-hander Jose De Leon, their top-rated pitching prospect, but steadfastly refused to include a second high-end pitching prospect such as Yadier Alvarez, Walker Buehler or even Brock Stewart."

I think that's surprising because none of those offers would have been overly strong. Just goes to show they think they can win without Dozier. If it blows up in their face, they could face a lot of criticism for not having a stronger commitment of winning during their prime opportunity years

#2156 CiabanItReal

CiabanItReal

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

I'm then sure he brought up his small market concerns when reporting on trades or free agent moves involving CC Sabbathia, Cliff Lee, Victor Martinez, Carlos Beltran, Yoenis Cespedes, Johnny Cueto, Aroldis Chapman, David Price and Matt Holiday as well.

That could have been speculation on his part, or it could have been a concern the dodgers really have with him and his source brought it up. Either way it doesn't make him a shill.

Don't shoot the messenger.

#2157 CiabanItReal

CiabanItReal

Cedar Rapids

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:33 AM

I think that's surprising because none of those offers would have been overly strong. Just goes to show they think they can win without Dozier. If it blows up in their face, they could face a lot of criticism for not having a stronger commitment of winning during their prime opportunity years

Or just get a different 2nd basemen at some point next year.

#2158 HitInAPinch

HitInAPinch

Look deeply into mine eyes....

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:24 AM

I honestly applaud your dedication to this at this point.  Call me a skeptic.  Mostly because I am a David and I have a natural distrust of anybody that chooses to go by Dave:) .  

Just don't call us 'Davey' ......

• goliath likes this

It's not my fault !

#2159 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Hunting NEOs

• Members
  • 7,410 posts
  • LocationExtremely low Earth orbit

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

Just don't call us 'Davey' ......

Goliath will be bummed...
  • goliath and HitInAPinch like this

45: In the end, he can see only one.

#2160 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

Dave, does your source say that negotiations are still going on?  And if so, what could they possibly be talking about after a month of discussions?