Vikings Journal Forums
- Best Dressed Viking - Week 3
Today, 10:09 PM
- Article: The Time is Now.
Today, 09:53 PM
- What does Cassel need to do to lose/keep his job?
Today, 09:46 PM
- Article: The Hits Just Keep On Coming
Today, 06:44 PM
- Article: Vikings-Saints Preview - Battling A Strong Brees
Today, 11:35 AM
- Read: The Worst Kind Of Adrian Peterson Article
Today, 10:46 AM
If there is a 3rd Catcher, Butera or Towles?
1 reply to this topic
Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:38 PM
If the Twins decide to carry three catchers, who will it be, Drew Butera or J.R. Towles? I am hoping it will be Towles if he can hit at all this spring. Defensively, they are very comparable. Offensively, Towles career BA is slightly better than Butera's (.187 to .178), his OPS is significantly better (.583 to .481) and his slugging % is better (.315 to .261). He's hit in the minors but hasn't been able to do it in the majors. Maybe the AL will be a better fit for him. Thoughts?