Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

POTUS Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4463 replies to this topic

#41 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

The Twitter usage is unbelievable. These cabinet selections are beginning to get scary. With this cabinet and this Congress.... extreme policy could alter our country for decades. Wow this is disappointing.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#42 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 29,524 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

But, but, we have NOTHING to worry about when it comes to the EPA and pollution, or so I was told for months and months.....this is an f'n disaster.

Sadly, the health consequences won't show up while the GOP is in control, and they'll be able to blame liberals.

As for union bashing, the proletariat has already been brain washed that unions are evil.......so not sure that matters on the negative side, but it might actually help unions if he does it enough.

• PseudoSABR likes this

It's IL now, btw, not DL.....

#43 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

The Twitter usage is unbelievable. These cabinet selections are beginning to get scary. With this cabinet and this Congress.... extreme policy could alter our country for decades. Wow this is PREDICTABLE .

FIFY

#44 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

These appointments are indeed troubling.  But, and this doesn't help at all really, the people we really have to be scared of are the ones in Congress.  

#45 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 29,524 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

These appointments are indeed troubling.  But, and this doesn't help at all really, the people we really have to be scared of are the ones in Congress.  

thanks......before there was an offset, now? Now the foxes are in charge of the houses also....

• TheLeviathan likes this

It's IL now, btw, not DL.....

#46 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Banned
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

The House votes to impeach.The House is controlled by Republicans.Won't happen.

It depends on the reason, republicans are hopeful on Trump but will turn on him quick if he doesn't act like a Republican or follow the law.If The Democrats are virtually 100% it wouldn't take many Republicans.I could easily see more then 50% of Republicans turning on him after-all Republicans like Mike Pence and he has a record to earn that.

#47 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

thanks......before there was an offset, now? Now the foxes are in charge of the houses also....

I wasn't trying to offer comfort, not sure there is much of that to go around.

#48 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

Rex Tillerson of ExxonMobil Expected to Be Named Trump's Secretary of State

Who?

#49 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

Secretary of State T. Rex

It's the ****ing Flintstones.

You can't make this **** up.
  • USAFChief likes this

#50 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• Members
  • 8,571 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Secretary of State T. Rex
It's the ****ing Flintstones.
You can't make this **** up.

It'll be fun to see how the exchange rate goes after the US adopts the ruble as the official currency.
  • PseudoSABR likes this

"You can't cheat an honest man; never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W. C. Fields

#51 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Where's that Picard facepalm meme......

#52 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

This is going to be a disaster. Well... 4 years isn't that long right... right?
Do or do not. There is no try.

#53 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

This is going to be a disaster. Well... 4 years isn't that long right... right?

At least we'll get Hulk Hogan on the nickel.
  • twinsnorth49 likes this

#54 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

I want to coin a new illness: It is called "Trumpimia"

I have it, and everyday I throw up a little bit when I read his tweets or see his appointments.

In a few months I will probably be at my high school weight and have no teeth left.

Major League Baseball is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

#55 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

I want to coin a new illness: It is called "Trumpimia"

I have it, and everyday I throw up a little bit when I read his tweets or see his appointments.

In a few months I will probably be at my high school weight and have no teeth left.

Sorry, I just Trumped in my mouth a little.
  • nicksaviking and Bark's Lounge like this

#56 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:55 AM

Sorry, I just Trumped in my mouth a little.

If you want to end up hospitalized just do a twitter search for "Trump" and see the responses of his hard core supporters.  They are rationalizing any of the Russian interference as a positive thing because it got Trump elected, and Putin will be a great friend because he is a strong man who get things done. Funny how the GOP who used the red scare for decades in their campaigning, now just turn a blind eye when it suits their need.  Party before country.

I might just go into denial and avoid reality for awhile and spend my time in the Brian Dozier thread.

• Bark's Lounge likes this

#57 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• Members
  • 8,571 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

My liver is not going to survive the next four years. At least when I go, I'm going like Elsie.
  • Bark's Lounge likes this

"You can't cheat an honest man; never give a sucker an even break, or smarten up a chump." - W. C. Fields

#58 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

It depends on the reason, republicans are hopeful on Trump but will turn on him quick if he doesn't act like a Republican or follow the law.If The Democrats are virtually 100% it wouldn't take many Republicans.I could easily see more then 50% of Republicans turning on him after-all Republicans like Mike Pence and he has a record to earn that.

Trump is a modern day example of mob rule. As long as he maintains the favor of the alt right mob (and in general conservatives) then republicans can't touch him.

• PseudoSABR likes this

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#59 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

Can we change the title of this thread? Maybe just drop the TU from it?
  • Bark's Lounge, PseudoSABR and kab21 like this
<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#60 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 14,065 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Trump is a modern day example of mob rule. As long as he maintains the favor of the alt right mob (and in general conservatives) then republicans can't touch him.

I have to think there's going to be a pretty big push to start calling the "alt-right" for what they are, white nationalists or neo-Nazis or something. I can't imagine mainstream Republicans are going to stand for that, they already tried to distance themselves from that during the primaries, are they really going to be OK taking on those labels if they become widely used?