Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

POTUS Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4327 replies to this topic

#4161 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 28,730 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

National emergency to ground 737 max 8 planes. Thank you Trump. Boeing needs to get this fixed before we have an accident here.

I agree this was the right move, even just for perception's sake......I literally have no idea if the planes are unsafe or not, but since most people now think they are, they need to be grounded.

It's IL now, btw, not DL.....

#4162 LaBombo

LaBombo

"Grab a bat, punk!"

• Members
  • 7,585 posts
  • Location...in a galaxy far, far away...

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

I agree this was the right move, even just for perception's sake......I literally have no idea if the planes are unsafe or not, but since most people now think they are, they need to be grounded.

Yep. US carriers were sitting in an uncomfortable safe/not safe middle ground, with at least one of of them honoring flight attendant requests not to fly on them yet refusing refunds or non-Max rebookings to passengers.

Sounds like it's probably not a flaw in the aircraft's structure, which is largely unchanged from other recent versions. That's the most lengthy and costly to fix, so chances are good that they'll be back in the air relatively soon.

Edited by LaBombo, 13 March 2019 - 01:45 PM.

#4163 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 21,077 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Yep. US carriers were sitting in an uncomfortable safe/not safe middle ground, with at least one of of them honoring flight attendant requests not to fly on them yet refusing refunds or non-Max rebookings to passengers.

Sounds like it's probably not a flaw in the aircraft's structure, which is largely unchanged from other recent versions. That's the most lengthy and costly to fix, so chances are good that they'll be back in the air relatively soon.

Sounds like a software design flaw, which might pertain to any of the Boeing fleet but got turfed up due to a particular failure-prone part on the particular aircraft. Trouble is that, even in an urgent get-it-fixed timeframe, the hoops that must be jumped through to get re-certification for a new software release will take more than just a few days. Rapid bug fixes are often where the next bug is created, so regulations seem to be pretty strict about due-diligence and thorough software QA. I think I saw some guess of late-April.

Fortunately is sounds like there aren't too many of these aircraft in service yet, so airlines aren't going to be grounding a third of their fleet or like that.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

#4164 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

Beto entered the race.... Things just got real. He is a guy that can relate to both sides of the party, is a fresh new voice, has experience in Congress.... Guy is a home run. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden doesn't run.

Do we need a separate thread for the campaign?
  • NumberThree likes this
Do or do not. There is no try.

#4165 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 21,077 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

I don't know a real lot about Beto, but if Biden doesn't run because of him, then my estimation of Beto just went down.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

#4166 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

I don't know a real lot about Beto, but if Biden doesn't run because of him, then my estimation of Beto just went down.

Obviously I'm guessing... But I'm curious on your stance here. I think Beto can appeal to the same people Biden can, but also can appeal to the younger anti establishment movement that Biden will have trouble with.

#4167 Musk21

Musk21

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

Think we need a separate 2020 Presidential Race thread....Gonna be a long and ugly 20 months!

#4168 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,456 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

Beto is the best candidate to enter since Klobuchar.He's a guy that could actually win.

#4169 Musk21

Musk21

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

Beto is the best candidate to enter since Klobuchar.He's a guy that could actually win.

I agree...I don't agree with the skeptics saying "He couldn't even win Texas." He came pretty damn close and that's no small feat for a Democrat there.

Not sure if any of you saw the Pete Buttigieg town hall last week, but he was very impressive as well.

• PseudoSABR and TheLeviathan like this

#4170 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

Beto entered the race.... Things just got real. He is a guy that can relate to both sides of the party, is a fresh new voice, has experience in Congress.... Guy is a home run. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden doesn't run.

Do we need a separate thread for the campaign?

I really like Beto, but the criticism I'm seeing today is it's not clear where he actually is on a lot of policy issues, and many on the left are suggesting he just might be more of the same ala Kerry/Gore/Clinton.

I'll start a thread.

Edited by PseudoSABR, 14 March 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#4171 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

This Israel policy is as backwards as his Russia policy. Trump is aligning himself with two of the least liked leaders inn the world. Great company to keep.

Edited by Badsmerf, 22 March 2019 - 02:22 PM.

#4172 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:07 PM

NPR: Robert Mueller Submits Report On Russia Investigation to Attorney General Barr

Edited by PseudoSABR, 22 March 2019 - 03:17 PM.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#4173 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

O snap.

#4174 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

The next few months are either going to be super-interesting or super-boring.

I suspect it's the former.

#4175 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

The next few months are either going to be super-interesting or super-boring.

I suspect it's the former.

It's been about 30 hours since Trump last tweeted.Word is he's seen the report. If the report exonerated him, he'd be....

#4176 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:25 PM

It's been about 30 hours since Trump last tweeted.Word is he's seen the report. If the report exonerated him, he'd be....

Eh, I remember similar reports months about about a big Mueller release and nothing came of it. Trump was happily tweeting a few hours later.

If he goes two days without tweeting, let me know.

Also, I don't give a **** about his tweets, nor should anyone else.

#4177 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

It's been about 30 hours since Trump last tweeted. Word is he's seen the report. If the report exonerated him, he'd be....

He'd be tweeting like a mofo. I'm sure he's seen it, this is Trump we're talking about. Anything that has to do with him he will go through hell to know. I'm guessing there wasn't enough evidence to indict him on treason or conspiracy, or Mueller didn't believe in indicting a sitting president.

I'm guessing they are coming up with a strategy of how to deal with it right now. Unfortunately for them, it can't be burnt and made to disappear. This is going to come out. I just wonder if any democrats know what's in it or have seen it. I'll be interested to see how hard they pursue the report.
  • PseudoSABR likes this

#4178 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

Eh, I remember similar reports months about about a big Mueller release and nothing came of it. Trump was happily tweeting a few hours later.

If he goes two days without tweeting, let me know.

Also, I don't give a **** about his tweets, nor should anyone else.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.But I think the non-tweets are significant.  

The non-indictments were supposedly a victory for Trump, why isn't he celebrating that???

#4179 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 20,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

I'm not sure what you're talking about.But I think the non-tweets are significant.  

The non-indictments were supposedly a victory for Trump, why isn't he celebrating that???

I saw the 12 hours of non-tweets talked about rather extensively after some indictment or another.

Then he started tweeting again. My point is that we should just sit, wait, and then decide. That's all.

• PseudoSABR and TheLeviathan like this

#4180 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,583 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

I saw the 12 hours of non-tweets talked about rather extensively after some indictment or another.

Then he started tweeting again. My point is that we should just sit, wait, and then decide. That's all.

Now he's tweeting again. I'm happy to sit and wait for them to decide if they'll release the report to the public.