Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

POTUS Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
2852 replies to this topic

#2841 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Cassini-Huygens

• Members
  • 7,849 posts
  • LocationSaturn's atmosphere and on Titan

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

9D7023DA-40EE-4AFE-AEB6-06FFC60CB9D6.jpeg
  • ashburyjohn, USAFChief, gunnarthor and 4 others like this

"Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage." - Ray Bradbury

#2842 flpmagikat

flpmagikat

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

You guys still think all this matters. His base, the republican party, is almost half the population of the country and control far more than that. Its not just the far right, or the crazy trumpers or whatever, its the entire population that voted and will continue to vote for this trash as long as they are given the chance. And they won't do a damn ****ing thing about any of this. They will literally burn it all down before letting "the liberals" beat them. None of these people are going to prison, no one will deal with any reckoning. No legacies are tarnished, the people have what they've always wanted, leaders that make them feel smart. Woe is all of us. Maybe it was the fluoride all along.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#2843 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

This Israel capital issue is puzzling to me. Not a single other country is behind this move. Why the **** are we doing this on our own? Netanyahu is a joke. Obama left barely on spreading terms with him because of many reasons. I just don't get it. We have nothing to gain in the region by propping up Israel at all costs.

Trump has to have some reason for this right? Why do it otherwise? This man is single handedly destroying our diplomatic relationships across the globe.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#2844 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,551 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

This Israel capital issue is puzzling to me. Not a single other country is behind this move. Why the **** are we doing this on our own? Netanyahu is a joke. Obama left barely on spreading terms with him because of many reasons. I just don't get it. We have nothing to gain in the region by propping up Israel at all costs.

Trump has to have some reason for this right? Why do it otherwise? This man is single handedly destroying our diplomatic relationships across the globe.

The best part is he'll never actually move the embassy there, just make a statement and sign indefinite waivers.

Papers...business papers.

#2845 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

This is very important to his evangelicalbase for some reason ( I think partially so they will be ready for the rapture and partially because it sticks it to the Arab population).I think part of the timing is that he is throwing them red meat to them to get them motivated to vote in the AL election next week.He really only thinks of his needs -- does not think of any long-term consequences or how other people might be affected.

If you want to get cynical it also creates a diversion from certain investigations.I have noticed Fox and other right wing sources are doing their best to make the Mueller investigation seem like a vindictive partisan witch hunt who have said a sacred vow to Hilary.I cannot even comprehend how much damage Fox News has inflicted over the country over the years.

I also found it a little odd he made this announcement about the Jewish state in front of a Christmas tree.Although I just read he hosted the White House Hanukkah party with no Hanukkah decorations but in a room with four large Christmas tree, so I guess it should not be a surprise.

Edited by D. Hocking, 07 December 2017 - 09:05 PM.

• gunnarthor likes this

#2846 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,551 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

The best part is the embassy will never actually move to Jerusalem. There will be continuous waivers.

Like most things with Trump, lots of talk and bluster, no substance.

#2847 jimmer

jimmer

A former AF SNCO who values integrity.

• Members
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

The best part is the embassy will never actually move to Jerusalem. There will be continuous waivers.

Like most things with Trump, lots of talk and bluster, no substance.

https://www.msn.com/...l81q?li=BBnb7Kz

Yeah, but his words can make this stuff happen.

#2848 drjim

drjim

• Members
  • 8,551 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

https://www.msn.com/...l81q?li=BBnb7Kz

Yeah, but his words can make this stuff happen.

So many years of peace wasted, just like that.
  • jimmer likes this

#2849 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 15,728 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

If you want to get cynical it also creates a diversion from certain investigations.I have noticed Fox and other right wing sources are doing their best to make the Mueller investigation seem like a vindictive partisan witch hunt who have said a sacred vow to Hilary. 

It's not just "sources", some members of Congress have chosen to speak openly in these terms. Sounds to me like the groundwork is being laid for Trump to fire Mueller very soon. I believe Mueller is getting very close to a smoking gun, making even desperate measures the only way for Trump to proceed at this point. I half expected to read of the firing in this morning's news feed.

• PseudoSABR likes this

If the first person on the phone can't answer your question, it's a bureaucracy.

#2850 Doomtints

Doomtints

Doom By Design | Tints By Joe™

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

The embassy location doesn't even really matter ... but by Trump blithering about it he is causing problems pointlessly.

But the USA elected this guy, knowing he would be like this, so...

#2851 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

I keep seeing this Russia stuff just drip, drip, drip out. With two convictions and two guys already facing charges - and these are big players in the Trump campaign - I just don't see how this doesn't end the Trump presidency in some way.

#2852 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 18,256 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

I keep seeing this Russia stuff just drip, drip, drip out. With two convictions and two guys already facing charges - and these are big players in the Trump campaign - I just don't see how this doesn't end the Trump presidency in some way.

Since it hasn't yet, makes me wonder two things ... how much worse is out there, and just how deep does it go, i.e. how deep into the party, not just in Trump's administration, further i.e. Ryan ... I do wonder how much he knows and I would guess it's not nothing.

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#2853 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 8,215 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

So earlier today one of my windows was open to CNN but the page was moved slightly up so the top words were cut off. So when I clicked on that window, I saw Breaking News on the bottom and "Trump to resign" on top and I was so very, very happy until I scrolled all the way up and it said "Sen. Gillibrand calls on".

• ashburyjohn and Craig Arko like this