- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Today, 03:41 PM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 03:30 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 03:09 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 01:38 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Today, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Today, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Today, 07:29 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 07:39 PM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Who Steps Up?
8 replies to this topic
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM
With Zumaya's injury, who do you think has a better chance of filling his role on the team? I'm looking at Jared Burton and Jason Bulger, but it's possible that this also opens the door for Jeff Gray, Esmerling Vasquez, Lester Oliveros, etc. Thoughts?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:39 PM
Zumaya was a question all along, so I don't think that this is a huge step back. All of the same names that are fighting for 1-2 spots in the bullpen are now fighting for 2-3 spots. Kyle Waldrop, Lester Oliveros, Jeff Gray and Terry Doyle have the advantage of being on the 40 man roster, but Burton certainly will be given every opportunity. People shouldn't forget about guys like Sam Deduno and Luis Perdomo who are hard-throwers too and have big league time.