- Article: Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings
Today, 10:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Today, 08:47 AM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 07:52 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 01:22 AM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
- Article: Big Week for Walsh
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
- Article: How Did the Vikings Change their Gameplan Against the Lions?
Yesterday, 11:26 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Yesterday, 09:59 AM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Dec 16 2014 08:45 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Who Steps Up?
8 replies to this topic
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM
With Zumaya's injury, who do you think has a better chance of filling his role on the team? I'm looking at Jared Burton and Jason Bulger, but it's possible that this also opens the door for Jeff Gray, Esmerling Vasquez, Lester Oliveros, etc. Thoughts?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:39 PM
Zumaya was a question all along, so I don't think that this is a huge step back. All of the same names that are fighting for 1-2 spots in the bullpen are now fighting for 2-3 spots. Kyle Waldrop, Lester Oliveros, Jeff Gray and Terry Doyle have the advantage of being on the 40 man roster, but Burton certainly will be given every opportunity. People shouldn't forget about guys like Sam Deduno and Luis Perdomo who are hard-throwers too and have big league time.