- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Today, 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Today, 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Today, 03:02 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Today, 02:31 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Today, 01:48 PM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Today, 12:41 PM
- Article: Recap: Nascent Defense Shines as Vikings Move Towards Establishing Identity
Today, 10:51 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 08:54 AM
- Article: Pack Puts Away the Vikings with Ease
Yesterday, 10:19 PM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Who Steps Up?
8 replies to this topic
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM
With Zumaya's injury, who do you think has a better chance of filling his role on the team? I'm looking at Jared Burton and Jason Bulger, but it's possible that this also opens the door for Jeff Gray, Esmerling Vasquez, Lester Oliveros, etc. Thoughts?
Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:39 PM
Zumaya was a question all along, so I don't think that this is a huge step back. All of the same names that are fighting for 1-2 spots in the bullpen are now fighting for 2-3 spots. Kyle Waldrop, Lester Oliveros, Jeff Gray and Terry Doyle have the advantage of being on the 40 man roster, but Burton certainly will be given every opportunity. People shouldn't forget about guys like Sam Deduno and Luis Perdomo who are hard-throwers too and have big league time.