Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Gun people

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

So I'm considering getting a handgun and wanted some input. I really like the Ruger SR40c or SR9c. Anyone shot them? I had shot a M&P 40, which is very similar and like it except a little part by my thumb that I think will rub and bother me. So anyway, just putting it out there to see if there is any input.

#2 ofx1

ofx1

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Need more info on what you're planning to use it for in order to give any semblance of advice. Carry weapon? Target shooting? Something to have around the house?

#3 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

The Twins have been bad, but let's not go overboard here.

#4 fatbeer

fatbeer

Banned

• Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

I've contacted homeland security. By the way if you ever use a gun in a situation where a criminal is killing people talk radio has taught me that you will accidently murder at least 4 people. I've also learned from talk radio that the picture on a movie screen is constantly black and contains no light. Nor does a gun shot have any sound or light. Guns are bad man.

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,309 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Smerf, your best bet is to go find a shooting range that rents guns and try a few out. I'm a Glock guy myself but that's because they just fit my hand better than other firearms. I like the weight and feel of the gun. Your mileage will vary based on your particular needs.