Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

AJ on Blackburn

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrentMpls

BrentMpls

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Choice comments from AJ on Blackie

http://blogs.citypag..._****_video.php

#2 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Strange, new, worlds

• Members
  • 7,108 posts
  • LocationEnceladus

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Object not found! He really said that? Does the site mangle URL's if too long?

#3 mikeee

mikeee

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

I think it mangles the url for profanity... lol I just went to "blogs.citypages.com" and searched for blackburn to find it.

#4 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Sounds like AJ was just pumped up. His team is afterall, in a playoff hunt and every game counts. Don't mind this so much.

#5 DPJ

DPJ

Banned

• Banned
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think were all fully behind AJ on this one.

#6 minn55441

minn55441

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

I hate AJ, but this is a none story.

#7 Mahukey

Mahukey

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

And on top of all that, AJ is sitting today! LOL

#8 StormJH1

StormJH1

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

This is such a non-story to me. Not blaming the OP because it was posted on Deadspin and therefore qualifies as...ahem...er..."news". But A.J. is a fiery competitor and just got batted in against a team that struggled to score more than 2 runs against a pitcher with an 7.99 ERA...I COMPLETELY understand what he was trying to convey to his team in that moment. Plus, if you listen the Ron Washington Game 7 speech or have ever heard anything from inside a dugout, this is just how you talk when you're 35 years old still playing a kid's game for a living. A.J. plays hard for whatever team he's ever been on, including the Twins. He never hurt anybody. He never really said anything terribly offensive about Minnesota or its fans, and the Twins traded him because of Mauer and got a HAUL back in return. Booing him 10 years after the fact is absurd.

#9 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

This is such a non-story to me. Not blaming the OP because it was posted on Deadspin and therefore qualifies as...ahem...er..."news". But A.J. is a fiery competitor and just got batted in against a team that struggled to score more than 2 runs against a pitcher with an 7.99 ERA...I COMPLETELY understand what he was trying to convey to his team in that moment. Plus, if you listen the Ron Washington Game 7 speech or have ever heard anything from inside a dugout, this is just how you talk when you're 35 years old still playing a kid's game for a living.

A.J. plays hard for whatever team he's ever been on, including the Twins. He never hurt anybody. He never really said anything terribly offensive about Minnesota or its fans, and the Twins traded him because of Mauer and got a HAUL back in return. Booing him 10 years after the fact is absurd.

I love that Twins fans boo AJ.

#10 Thrylos

Thrylos

They Finally fired ’em. Play Ball!

• Members
  • 7,977 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

And on top of all that, AJ is sitting today! LOL

Well... if he were not, he would have probably feel the meaning of his words by one of Blackburn's teammates...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#11 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

they were never teammates so its just AJ.....but the truth hurts

#12 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

This is such a non-story to me. Not blaming the OP because it was posted on Deadspin and therefore qualifies as...ahem...er..."news". But A.J. is a fiery competitor and just got batted in against a team that struggled to score more than 2 runs against a pitcher with an 7.99 ERA...I COMPLETELY understand what he was trying to convey to his team in that moment. Plus, if you listen the Ron Washington Game 7 speech or have ever heard anything from inside a dugout, this is just how you talk when you're 35 years old still playing a kid's game for a living.

A.J. plays hard for whatever team he's ever been on, including the Twins. He never hurt anybody. He never really said anything terribly offensive about Minnesota or its fans, and the Twins traded him because of Mauer and got a HAUL back in return. Booing him 10 years after the fact is absurd.

On top of that I remember a story from 2004 that Giants teammates didn't like him because all he wanted to do was sit around and watch the Twins game.

#13 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well... if he were not, he would have probably feel the meaning of his words by one of Blackburn's teammates...

Yeah right. Maybe when Bert was playing, not this group. When AJ came to the mound the big canadian would have to step in and intimidate.

#14 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 13,238 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I've never heard AJ give such an accurate opinion.