Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

2016-2017 Wolves season

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#41 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:55 AM

2 years ago it was crazy money but with the cap explosion and drunken sailor spending it is a great salary. I still like Dieng as trade bait and getting a 4 to give the Wolves a team that could run the other team off the floor. And it would be nice to have a 4 that can shoot some 3's since that is a big weakness.

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#42 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

I'm really happy with the contract Gorgui got. He's underrated outside of Timberwolves fans.
  • Pardon My Dinger likes this

#43 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

I'd love to see Dunn make a statement with this opportunity. Looking for him to stick on Conley like a burr and make smart conservative decisions with his passes and shot selection. Up-tempo to the max tonight, gang.
  • bluechipper likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#44 ALessKosherScott

ALessKosherScott

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Given the first two games, I'm curious how they blow a 26 point lead at half.

#45 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Twice tonight, Dunn with the astonishing crossover into the 3. I could get used to this guy.

#46 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

Karl again underwhelming. They're beating the s-word out of him physically, but he's got to play meaner, I think.

#47 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,587 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Boxscore is interesting with Dunn, how's he looked with a lot of run with the top guys?

#48 ALessKosherScott

ALessKosherScott

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

Boxscore is interesting with Dunn, how's he looked with a lot of run with the top guys?

I think you have to caveat it that both Dunn and Tyus are better than Wade Baldwin, and there will be people ready to trade Rubio after this without noticing that Conley isn't playing.

With that said, you can't deny Dunn's athleticism and defense.
  • TheLeviathan, BeenHazy and Pardon My Dinger like this

#49 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

Jordan Hill...you may be excused.

#50 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

I'd just like to thank the Grizzlies for giving us their JV team tonight. It's very much appreciated.

#51 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:07 PM

Finally we get to see the real Wolves even if it was against a depleted opponent. 

Lavine is going to gain some star power this season. Perhaps he won't be the most well rounded player but he can create some havoc and open up passing lanes as defenders move to help out. And he can shoot 3's. He is so needed to take this team to the next level (a 50+ win team - in the future)

• TheLeviathan and bluechipper like this

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#52 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

I have 5 fantasy basketball teams. I drafted Lavine in 4 of them, and I acquired him in the other one via trade after the draft. I think he will be big time for the Wolves this season (plus he has PG/SG eligibility, which helps.

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!

#53 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,859 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

Lavine contributes everywhere in fantasy. You should be well rewarded.

What was Lavine's ADP (in general or for you)? I can imagine that he was in the highly hyped sleeper category. The kind that everyone was talking about and then he went a little higher than a sleeper should.

#54 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:04 AM

Lavine contributes everywhere in fantasy. You should be well rewarded.

What was Lavine's ADP (in general or for you)? I can imagine that he was in the highly hyped sleeper category. The kind that everyone was talking about and then he went a little higher than a sleeper should.

Not really, which is why I missed him in the one league. I got too comfortable with the range I'd gotten him in previous leagues (roughly the 7th-8th round), and I had the first pick and had the turn at the top of the 7th with him 10th on my list of guys left on the board. I considered reaching for him, but grabbed Marc Gasol instead. It turned out he made it almost all the way back to me, but not quite for the turn on the 8th/9th rounds. It worked out for me as I was able to get four centers in that league, and the guy I traded with needed a center bad, so I moved LaMarcus Aldridge (center eligible in the league) for Lavine and Greg Monroe.

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!

#55 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 15,587 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

Finally we get to see the real Wolves even if it was against a depleted opponent. 

Lavine is going to gain some star power this season. Perhaps he won't be the most well rounded player but he can create some havoc and open up passing lanes as defenders move to help out. And he can shoot 3's. He is so needed to take this team to the next level (a 50+ win team - in the future)

He seems particularly adept at taking hard, contested long range shots.  Another huge plus for this team.  

• kab21 likes this

#56 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:37 PM

I think the Timberwolves just set an NBA record for most 3's rattled in and out. This 1-3 start has me pretty bummed out.

#57 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

Pretty frustrating, these guys right now. Fellas passing on shot opportunities, forcing plays in the paint for no good reason. Watching GS/OKC right now and it's clear the wolves have quite a lot to learn, particularly with regard to using space on offense.

#58 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

Pretty frustrating, these guys right now. Fellas passing on shot opportunities, forcing plays in the paint for no good reason. Watching GS/OKC right now and it's clear the wolves have quite a lot to learn, particularly with regard to using space on offense.

I agree. There were so many times where one more pass would have led to an open 3. 

Belly had a decent game helping to bring them back, but he passed up two 3's late that cost them some.

#59 ALessKosherScott

ALessKosherScott

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

If the NBA would just abolish the 3rd quarter, we'd be undefeated.

• bluechipper likes this

#60 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

OKC just put a beatdown on the Wolves tonight.

Maybe next year...