Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Current TV, regardless the year

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#721 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,133 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

Oooou!!!! Now this is WAY better than the spider thingie coming out of the swamp!

• PseudoSABR likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#722 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:18 PM

Watched the first couple episodes of the The Boys from Amazon Prime.I really like it; very entertaining.The premise is pretty simple: corrupt super heroes.  

Edited by PseudoSABR, 25 July 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#723 USMCTwin

USMCTwin

• 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:35 AM

Did anyone enjoy Stranger Things after first struggling to get into it? My brother constantly tries to get me to watch it. About a year ago I watched half of the first episode and stopped. Aliens just doesn't do it for me normally. He started harping on me again and so now I am through episode four. I find it tolerable, but I am certainly not hooked or even really excited. I'm hoping someone can tell me whether I should just abandon ship or keep going.

• PseudoSABR likes this

#724 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:15 PM

Watched the first couple episodes of the The Boys from Amazon Prime.I really like it; very entertaining.The premise is pretty simple: corrupt super heroes.  

This ended up being great! Brock (and everyone), I think you'll dig it; the show subverts superhero tropes without being glib, and the finale actually packed an emotional punch, with some interesting and earned character dynamics.  

Edited by PseudoSABR, 29 July 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#725 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

Did anyone enjoy Stranger Things after first struggling to get into it? My brother constantly tries to get me to watch it. About a year ago I watched half of the first episode and stopped. Aliens just doesn't do it for me normally. He started harping on me again and so now I am through episode four. I find it tolerable, but I am certainly not hooked or even really excited. I'm hoping someone can tell me whether I should just abandon ship or keep going.

With the political shutdown this got ignored, sorry.  

Stranger Things is great, especially if you have any affinity for 80s sci if: Goonies, ET, etc. The characters are rich, the writing and plotting are well founded, and the atmosphere is totally nailed.I love it.

Edited by PseudoSABR, 29 July 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#726 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,657 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

With the political shutdown this got ignored, sorry.  

Stranger Things is great, especially if you have any affinity for 80s sci if: Goonies, ET, etc. The characters are rich, the writing and plotting are well founded, and the atmosphere is totally nailed.I love it.

Pretty much this. If you don’t enjoy this kind of fantastic adventure type of story that’s cool, too. I watch a lot of reruns of 60’s-90’s scifi.
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#727 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,259 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

Dark (netflix)

Interesting Scifi... curious if anyone else has watched it. It's German TV that they did a voice over with... I normally have trouble getting into those shows as the voice overs never catch the emotion... and well, you don't read lips but it's pretty obvious they arent' matching up.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else has watched it. Overall, it's pretty good. 

#728 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,133 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Is this a series or a movie?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#729 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,271 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

Yes
  • SQUIRREL and ashbury like this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#730 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,133 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

Yes

I was going to move it to one of the existing threads depending on what it was ... smart aleck ;)

#731 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:33 PM

Series. I understand that you can opt for subtitles over the dubbing somehow.I've also heard it highly recommended

#732 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,273 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:34 PM

I was going to move it to one of the existing threads depending on what it was ... smart aleck ;)

As Yogi said, when you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#733 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,259 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

It's a series. They have 2 seasons up on Netflix. It's about time travel, though set (initially) in 2019. 

#734 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,259 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Series. I understand that you can opt for subtitles over the dubbing somehow.I've also heard it highly recommended

That would require being more of a tech geek... That's a big reason why I had kids... except instead of programming a VCR, it's programming Netflix. 

#735 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,271 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

I accidentally turn on subtitles sometimes. Usually takes a few minutes to remember how to turn them off....

#736 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• 2,256 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:06 PM

I watched the first season of Dark -- last summer I think.I might have even posted about it on this thread.

I remember thinking the first episode or two were pretty creeopy, but was more annoyed by the time it ended.I haven't decided whether to watch season 2 or not.

Good to know about the subtitles, it might be more effective hearing the real voices -- some of the dubbing seemed abit off emotion-wise.

#737 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,273 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

Has anyone else watched Sherman's Showcase on IFC? It hearkens back to Soul Train and In Living Color. I found the sendups pretty fun - as with good parody, there is genuine love for the originals behind the skewering going on.

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#738 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,271 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

That new Mandelorian preview is awesome.
  • PseudoSABR likes this

#739 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,647 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the genre, but I have watched all three seasons. I thought season 1 was ok, season 2 did nothing for me, but i did like season 3. 

#740 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,647 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:14 AM

I watch too much on Netflix and Amazon.

On Amazon, I just finished the four seasons of Monster Quest. I've also been watching Boston Legal for a while.

On Netflix, I just finished the new episodes (I think season 3) of The Good Place. 

• Mike Sixel likes this