Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Trivia Question - Lou Boudreau

trivia lou boudreau indians hall of fame
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Teflon

Teflon

"That" Guy

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

a_boudreau_i.jpg

As the Twins currently have a manager who was a Hall of Fame player and as the Minnesota Wild has hired someone named Boudreau, I figured a question about a Hall of Fame player who managed named Boudreau was mildly topical...

In his 16 major league sasons as a manager, Hall of Famer Lou Boudreau managed 16 eventual Hall of Famers.

Who were they?

#2 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

I would guess one of the tough ones would be Tommy Lasorda, who I remember from an interview he managed when Lasorda was pitching.

I know for sure you'd have Ted Williams, Enos Slaughter, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Larry Doby, Billy Williams, Bob Feller, Satchel Paige, Bob Lemon, Joe Gordon, and George Kell. Then himself as he was a player/manager for the Indians. That'd be 12.

My great-grandma was a huge Cubs fan, and I remember her talking about the year that he managed the Cubs. They had Don Zimmer, who should be a HOF guy eventually, but he's not in yet.

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!

#3 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

Great question, by the way. Boudreau is a great character.

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trivia, lou boudreau, indians, hall of fame