Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: Can Matt Asiata Really Bear the Backup Burden?
Yesterday, 11:45 PM
- Small College Updates
Yesterday, 11:34 PM
- Governor Dayton Calls for Vikings to suspend Adrian Peterson
Yesterday, 11:24 PM
- Ouch, All Day Foundation Suspends Operations...
Yesterday, 11:19 PM
- Play Action Pass Chalk Talk
Yesterday, 08:59 PM
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Article: Sam Deduno and his "crazy" fastball
9 replies to this topic
Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:13 PM
I haven't seen this guy pitch but this article is extremely encouraging. I've never heard of, or seen, this particular malady before, but this info tells me this kid has a tremendous finish that gives him high rpms. The fact that he is 28 portends against it, but maybe with Anderson's guidance he can learn to control and separate the sinker and cutter. Also, with that f/x spread it's easy to see why his curve is a killer. With that much 93 mph coming up and in, with the batter not knowing if it's coming further in or back over the plate, it takes a very brave man to lean over the plate.