Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Minnesota Twins recall Jeff Manship

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

In order to fill room in the pitching staff vacated by the Francisco Liriano trade, the Twins recall Jeff Manship from Rochester.

Manship had worked in eight games with the Twins previously this year, posting a 5/2 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 10.2 innings while allowing 13 earned runs. His second stint in Rochester proved better as he went 2-1 with a 1.45 ERA in 31 innings with a 22/16 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Manship last worked in a start on Friday night in Rochester.

Edited by Parker Hageman, 29 July 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#2 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Well, not sure who else they could've added since the 40-man roster is now overflowing. I still have hopes that Slama will get a chance (but needs to be added).

#3 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

manship is out of options this winter & we've seen 4 yrs of his work in relief. I wouldnt mind seein him get some starts & see if his good work this yr in ROC was a mirage or if he's better suited to start Dont want him turning into another teams Sam Deduno or PJ Walters next yr if we dont give him a chance.

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,291 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Goody. I was hoping that he was a throw-in in a trade. He had several chances to do something at the MLB level and failed miserably all times. 37 games, 6 GS and 74+ IP in the majors over 3 seasons are enough. And he is 27, not a "young prospect" any more. Frankly, I'd rather see Guerra (he is back from the DL) in the majors... At least we can see something different. And if Duensing is a starter and want someone to be the long man now that Swarzak is out, they could use Perdomo. He has been starting.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#5 DJSim22

DJSim22

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

I don't expect anything from Manship, I guess they might as well give him a few starts and see what he can do there. I would be suprised if he is back next year.