Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Plouffe to the DL; scratched today

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Thrylos

Thrylos

Total System Failure

• Members
  • 6,796 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

7 days after the fact the day after an off-day leaving the Twins short for a week (and a day.) Nothing new, but something's gotta change with this team. And I don't know if it the medical stuff or the field management staff, but someone is grossly at fault here...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#2 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Oh great, now we have to put up with Danny Valencia again. Maybe he finally figured it out but I doubt it, .250 and 7 HR for Rochester is not worthy of a promotion to replace Plouffe on the roster.

#3 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Oh great, now we have to put up with Danny Valencia again. Maybe he finally figured it out but I doubt it, .250 and 7 HR for Rochester is not worthy of a promotion to replace Plouffe on the roster.

Is this a given? Can't we shift Carroll over? Play Casilla at second? We do have some flexibility without Plouffe.

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

Total System Failure

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Danny V up looks like
-----

#5 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

7 days after the fact the day after an off-day leaving the Twins short for a week (and a day.) Nothing new, but something's gotta change with this team. And I don't know if it the medical stuff or the field management staff, but someone is grossly at fault here...

This is an improvement, I was expecting him to get one at bat tonight then off to the DL.

#6 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

It's next to offical, Valencia wasn't in the lineup in Rochester and likely coming back.
Who else do you want playing 3rd base? Casilla? Want to call up Nishi? Might as well give Valencia a chance, and we can send him back if/when he sputters.

#7 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

This is an improvement, I was expecting him to get one at bat tonight then off to the DL.

Chuckle. Its always nice when you can find something positive in bad Twins news.

Handling of the DL boggles the mind.

#8 jctwins

jctwins

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Danny V up looks like

This is good. Let the cocky little prick flail away at major league pitching and be done once and for all.

#9 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Danny V up looks like

Well, lemonade from lemons, maybe he goes on a mini-tear and becomes a toss-in for a Liriano trade?

#10 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Don't forget about Sean Burroughs If the Organization really wants to slap around Valencia, this is the move.

Edited by Highabove, 27 July 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#11 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well, lemonade from lemons, maybe he goes on a mini-tear and becomes a toss-in for a Liriano trade?

I don't think anyone in history could accumulate trade value that fast (assuming that Danny V. isn't playing tonight, that leaves about 2 games for him to get his trade value up.) The only way that would happen would be if he hit home runs in every at bat in the next two games, which not even Josh Hamilton can do.

#12 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Burroughs isnt on 40 man roster, so Danny gets one more shot.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I hope Valencia comes up and does really well. I know what the general theme is about Valencia and what the media portrays him as. However, having talked to him many times and had him on podcasts and do Q&As, I think that he is a very smart, confident, good person. I guess maybe that's a different perspective than others want to have about him based on media or other assumptions, but Valencia is not a bad person and it annoys me that there are people who would hope for failure.

#14 Thrylos

Thrylos

Total System Failure

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I hope Valencia comes up and does really well. I know what the general theme is about Valencia and what the media portrays him as. However, having talked to him many times and had him on podcasts and do Q&As, I think that he is a very smart, confident, good person. I guess maybe that's a different perspective than others want to have about him based on media or other assumptions, but Valencia is not a bad person and it annoys me that there are people who would hope for failure.

+1

From some of the comments here one would think that Danny murdered someone's children or something. Remember: He was essential to the Twins wining the title in 2010. He had a slump. Everybody does, including some of the "crowd favorites" Twins. But he is not in Gardy's inner circle so he has been thrown under the bus...

And wishing a Twins' player failure by Twins' fans is totally inane. It's like rooting for the Sux. And kicking someone when he is down is not only bad karma, but it is cowardly... just sayin'

But of course, these are the same people who wanted Plouffe DFA'd last season and now that he is hitting HRs everything is fine...
-----

#15 freightmaster

freightmaster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

It's next to offical, Valencia wasn't in the lineup in Rochester and likely coming back.
Who else do you want playing 3rd base? Casilla? Want to call up Nishi? Might as well give Valencia a chance, and we can send him back if/when he sputters.

Debinson Romero or is it robinson at New Britain, lets give him a chance, we know valencia, and we do not want

#16 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now Living in Oregon

• Members
  • 15,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

hahahahahaha, the more things don't change, the more they stay the same. But really, no problems with how they handle injuries, it really doesn't hurt them at all how they handle them, over and over and over.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#17 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

2 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • 2,301 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Nothing new with the wait for a week dl trip. Lets hope Valencia does well we really need any ML level talent we can find if he can get back to that.

#18 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Damn, this is bad news. Plouffe is one of the few reasons to watch this team this season. I agree with most of you that there is something amiss with the medical staff of the Twins with diagnosing injuries correctly in an expedient manner and making the right decisions for a course of action to take. In Plouffe's case, I cannot blame them for holding out because of his value to our lineup and the nature of the injury he had... it sucks... what do you do? Good Luck Danny V.

#19 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now Living in Oregon

• Members
  • 15,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Who cares about the "value to the lineup" when you are going to lose 90 games? You DL the guy, so he stays healthy for the long term. The lack of strategic thinking in the Twins front office is astounding.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#20 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

2 + 2 = 5

• Members
  • 2,301 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Who cares about the "value to the lineup" when you are going to lose 90 games? You DL the guy, so he stays healthy for the long term. The lack of strategic thinking in the Twins front office is astounding.

+++++++