Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Official Twins Daily Draft Day Thread & Cheat Sheet

mlb draft draft draft thread
  • Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Plates

• 1,781 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Spy I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm just basing it off of countless encounters with him personally as well as other fans I've talked with thru the years.During ST there was a group of 5+ old time Twins fans (couple of TDers) standing around just sharing stories of their interactions with Kohl, lets just say nothing nice was said.[/i]

Bob, your insights are great, but this seems light. Other than possibly having poor social skills, what did Kohl Stewart do to these old guys, walk on their grass?

Or are there other things that you just don't think are appropriate to discuss?
  • alarp33 and d-mac like this

#102 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 14,749 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

*****Moderator Note*****

Let's stay on topic here, this is a draft thread.

• gunnarthor likes this

#103 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:14 AM

Yeah everyone trying to ruin my Baseball Christmas stay on topic, BTW PMed the 3 of you my reply. :)

Up next, I want to see one of the guys I got to see tryout for the Twins drafted: Luis Curbelo, Nick Derr, Henry Matais, Bryan Torres, Fransisco Thomas, Josh Winckowski, JC Flowers.  Curbelo and Flowers should go off the board today.

• Deduno Abides and Hrbowski like this

#104 Hrbowski

Hrbowski

Minnesota Twins

• 2,544 posts
  • LocationA small town city

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Corbin Burnes could be a Corey Kluber type pick if he falls to the Twins today.

• gunnarthor likes this

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

#105 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,274 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:30 AM

Yeah everyone trying to ruin my Baseball Christmas stay on topic, BTW PMed the 3 of you my reply. :)

Up next, I want to see one of the guys I got to see tryout for the Twins drafted: Luis Curbelo, Nick Derr, Henry Matais, Bryan Torres, Fransisco Thomas, Josh Winckowski, JC Flowers.  Curbelo and Flowers should go off the board today.

so the real question is whether they keep going young.I'm assuming these are more HS guys.I like that by the way.I'll be even happier if they pick up one more HS guy (preferably a pitcher).I suspect most of the rest of the top 10 will be college players.Jeremy noted in another thread that after the 4th or something like that the picks are no longer protected. 

• nicksaviking, Dman and d-mac like this

#106 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 14,749 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

so the real question is whether they keep going young.I'm assuming these are more HS guys.I like that by the way.I'll be even happier if they pick up one more HS guy (preferably a pitcher).I suspect most of the rest of the top 10 will be college players.Jeremy noted in another thread that after the 4th or something like that the picks are no longer protected. 

Smart strategy if this team has truly embraced their cellar dweller status. If they can't sign all of these guys, well it's only going to make their already large 2017 draft pool even larger.

#107 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:40 AM

Yeah they are all HS guys so I'm not expecting more than 1 either.  Still it seems the Twins might have saved a little money on Miranda although Baddoo might cost that savings, similar to what they did last year with Blankenhorn and Cabbage.  

#108 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,274 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:52 AM

that's fine.They need ceiling, and the college ranks don't have a lot of it this year.I'm not going to be critical even though I'd have liked one of those prep arms at 1-15 b/c they went out and got ceiling.Sure, they didn't go get a Matt Manning, but every one of these guys could be an above average bat at their position.I like that a lot, and it really does veer away from their typical tendencies (drafting safe college arms in the 2nd round).

#109 d-mac

d-mac

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,356 posts
  • LocationJust say no to Rob Antony

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

A couple nice picks at 73 & 74 - Miranda and Baddoo.Baddoo is another GA prep OFer.Mayo has said some nice things about the Twins draft.Not a bad first day although it'll be a few years before we know.

Much Baddoo about nothing! Sorry, I've wanted to do that for a while. 

• gunnarthor likes this

4-27-2016: El dia de La Maquina

#110 Deduno Abides

Deduno Abides

Rochester Plates

• 1,781 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Much Baddoo about nothing! Sorry, I've wanted to do that for a while.

I was thinking of a band: Akil Baddoo and all your friends.

Sorry.
  • d-mac likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mlb draft, draft, draft thread