Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Trade Target Team Profile: San Francisco Giants

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...rancisco-Giants

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

both of those pitchers would be nice, though getting a higher upside guy at high A or AA would be nicer... that said, I'm pretty sure that Sabean has premanently blocked Ryan's number...

#3 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'd take Schierholz, but only because I went to high school with his wife (who is quite the looker), and with Dinklemann not sniffing the majors anytime soon the Twins could use some new WAG prospects.

#4 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

What about Burton? I doubt he's untouchable, and the Giants are in the market for relievers.

#5 ScottyBroco

ScottyBroco

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Good point Nick about A.J. As I am sure the Giants GM is still snakebitten with Terry Ryan and trades. However, I still do not see how The Twins can ship away the Hammer? he is one best free agent signings in Twins History. Where would the twins be without him? Probably in last place of the divis... oh yeah right... sometimes Its good to ignore the standings. I guess if the price is right..

#6 SeanS7921

SeanS7921

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I think the Twins would be looking for A LOT more than what is mentioned for Josh Willingham. One name would be mandatory - Gary Brown top 30 prospect in baseball. After that the Giants don't have jack for prospects. Chris Stratton RHP and Joe Panik being the best. They wouldn't rate top 100 in baseball though. I'd expect all three for Willingham and consider it a ripoff. Span for Joe Panik and Stratton would work and Liriano for Panik and a throw in might work. Lot of better prospects in a lot other organizations.

#7 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

What about Burton? I doubt he's untouchable, and the Giants are in the market for relievers.

Eh... the Giants are in the market for an established closer with Wilson out. They've got plenty of good relievers.

#8 Reginald Maudling's Shin

Reginald Maudling's Shin

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

The Giants probably could use a first baseman, too. They've jerked Brandon Belt around from AAA to the majors so much they might have messed him up in the head. They had Sandoval play there recently until he strained a hammy but I think that's temporary. But the main thing they are looking for is a closer (Chris Perez most likely) or RH power bat. Nick's right, Hammer is the only potential play here, albeit unlikely.