Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Adopt A Prospect 2016 Draft (Viva La Revolucion)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

In support of prospects, Always33 and Adopting TDers everywhere, and hoping the powers that be (AKA moderators) do not become too angry with me, I am declaring draft day beginning 6AM Monday morning May 9th.
Revolution rules
1)Previously adopted prospects are off the board unless waived by current owners. Current owners can waive their prospects by declaring they only want to keep certain prospects. There are no limits to the number of prospects they want to keep.
-Hrbowski has Rochester Pitchers.
-Always33 has Fort Meyers but has already opened up all but Westphal, Van Steensel, Stewart, and Jay.
-ShaneWahl has Chatanooga hitters.
-Seth has Cedar Rapids hitters. I would like to apologize to him at this time for missing his post claiming them. Since I started one for all of them already, I have second shot at any/all Seth waives
2) Prospect pages not up within a week of the draft are back open for anyone else to claim by creating a page
3) Any prospect not updated for a month can be claimed by anyone else by posting on that page their claim with an update on the prospect from the past month.
4)two prospects can be drafted per day with no limit on the total number of prospects owned by one poster

I am open to further rules and hope to get a stamp of approval. Hopefully this is a peaceful revolution...
G
  • formerly33 likes this

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,059 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

Sounds good to me!

#3 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

YES!

• formerly33 likes this

#4 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I will still do that Chatty hitters.

#5 formerly33

formerly33

resurrector of the dead in my spare time

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

This is the best thing I've heard in a long, long time.

In honor of the occasion, I would like to respectfully ask the powers that be to unpin the old page (especially since it was locked a few weeks ago anyway) and pin this.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." ~René Descartes

#6 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

Some attention is going to have to be brought to this somehow, from official people, because most TDers have clearly given up on this.

• formerly33 likes this

#7 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:43 AM

THE DRAFT IS OPEN!
SETH GAVE THE OK!!
THIS IS OFFICIAL!!

Any pitcher at EST, Cedar Rapids, Chatanooga, or Fort Meyers not named VanSteensel, Jay, Westphal, or Stewart is open to be drafted.
Any EST, Chattanooga, or Rochester hitter is open to be drafted!!

Draft up two per day!! Just post your selections below!!

#8 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,994 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

Could I add, that when you start a new thread for a prospect, could you put '2016' in the title, so when some do a search, it's clear which year it is? I'll edit titles for now, but if you start any new threads, that would help.

• formerly33 likes this

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#9 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

Reminder that I am doing Chattanooga hitters. I fear that the window of interest expired back a month ago, though . . . shame.

#10 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

I'll start with some of the EXST guys, first up: Trey Cabbage

#11 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

I'll start with some of the EXST guys, first up: Trey Cabbage

Thank you, Bob. I was getting pretty dismayed.

I just want several dozen (at least) threads started. A smaller group of people can work on keeping them updated.

#12 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

Starting some AAA Hitting prospect pages.

I am not doing one for Buxton or Vargas as they have used up Rookie Status
I am not doing one for Reynaldo Rodriguez...Cant make myself do it for TWO 29 year olds
Meneses is on the DL so No page for him...yet
sdbuhr claimed Beresford for life so Im leaving him off

ANYONE WANTING KEPLER OR WALKER NEEDS TO BEAT ME TO IT TONIGHT
Tovar then Wickens up soon

#13 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

Next up Huascar Ynoa, Fernando Romero, and Alex Robinson

#14 goulik

goulik

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

Open for adoption still:
Reynaldo Rodriguez-Rochester Hitter
ANY AA Pitchers
ANY A+ Hitters
Jorge, Gonsalves, Rosario, Fernandez, Bard, Gilbert, Landa, Hildenberg, Peterson, Curtiss - Fort Meyers Pitchers
ANY A- Pitcher
Any EST/DSL players without a page or not claimed yet unless Bob Sacramento intends to get ALL of them...

Edited by goulik, 14 May 2016 - 01:33 PM.

• formerly33 likes this

#15 Hrbowski

Hrbowski

Fan of the MLB Draft

• Members
  • 2,533 posts
  • LocationA small town city

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

I will take Trevor Hildenberger.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

#16 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:18 AM

37 or so players started. This is probably roughly 3/4 the amount that would have been started had things not been messed with. Quite a thorough disappointment and weird thing to do to this part of the site. I could go on about this . . .

#17 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,994 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

Some attention is going to have to be brought to this somehow, from official people, because most TDers have clearly given up on this.

In support of prospects, Always33 and Adopting TDers everywhere, and hoping the powers that be (AKA moderators) do not become too angry with me, I am declaring draft day beginning 6AM Monday morning May 9th.
Revolution rules
1)Previously adopted prospects are off the board unless waived by current owners. Current owners can waive their prospects by declaring they only want to keep certain prospects. There are no limits to the number of prospects they want to keep.
-Hrbowski has Rochester Pitchers.
-Always33 has Fort Meyers but has already opened up all but Westphal, Van Steensel, Stewart, and Jay.
-ShaneWahl has Chatanooga hitters.
-Seth has Cedar Rapids hitters. I would like to apologize to him at this time for missing his post claiming them. Since I started one for all of them already, I have second shot at any/all Seth waives
2) Prospect pages not up within a week of the draft are back open for anyone else to claim by creating a page
3) Any prospect not updated for a month can be claimed by anyone else by posting on that page their claim with an update on the prospect from the past month.
4)two prospects can be drafted per day with no limit on the total number of prospects owned by one poster

I am open to further rules and hope to get a stamp of approval. Hopefully this is a peaceful revolution...
G

So you know, Seth has opened a thread in the Minor League forum to discuss Adopt-A-Prospect moving forward. If you want this program to continue, please respond to his inquiries for input and ideas. :) And maybe offer to help?

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown