Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Trade Sano?

liriano trade
  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 twinswon1991

twinswon1991

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

David Price is under team control until 2016, that is not a 2 year rental. He is proven to be an effective MLB starting pitcher. I'm not sure how people dismiss trading a low A player for that as insane, stupid, mental, whatever you want to call it. It also isn't about "one pitcher". If you assume they'll sign one, that means they now have two legit starters, replacing the slop they've thrown up there this year. I'm not sure how people expect to build this team up, if they won't trade prospects for legit players, and they won't trade legit players for prospects...and we know they won't sign a bunch of FAs.

x1000

#62 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

David Price is under team control until 2016, that is not a 2 year rental. He is proven to be an effective MLB starting pitcher. I'm not sure how people dismiss trading a low A player for that as insane, stupid, mental, whatever you want to call it. It also isn't about "one pitcher". If you assume they'll sign one, that means they now have two legit starters, replacing the slop they've thrown up there this year. I'm not sure how people expect to build this team up, if they won't trade prospects for legit players, and they won't trade legit players for prospects...and we know they won't sign a bunch of FAs.

A team such as Tampa would consider a trade like this insane.
Why would Tampa give up one of their top starters for a A prospect from the Twins.
Tampa develops their own Star Talent. Andrew Friedman is the GM, not Bill Smith.
No one will give up a Pitcher who is the caliber of David Price for some A ball prospects, no matter how high their upside.

Edited by Highabove, 23 July 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#63 Mchans24

Mchans24

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

A team such as Tampa would consider a trade like this insane.
Why would Tampa give up one of their top starters for a A prospect from the Twins.
Tampa develops their own Star Talent. Andrew Friedman is the GM, not Bill Smith.
No one will give up a Pitcher who is the caliber of David Price for some A ball prospects, no matter how high their upside.

Thank you!! If they do, you jump on it instantly!! Now you have a proven commodity u can trade any time in the next four years or whatever the length of his contract is!!

#64 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

And, with this thread, Twins Daily has reached a new low...

This thread is like a swift kick to the brainstem.

#65 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

It's insane and stupid because the Rays would not in a million years trade Sano for Price... and the Twins should not in a million years trade Sano for anyone else on that list.

#66 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

This thread is like a swift kick to the brainstem.

Followed by a kick to the nads, so stupid it hurts, yet strangely I can't look away.

#67 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Funny, one argues it is stupid to discuss because NO WAY TB would do it, while others argue it is too stupid for the Twins to consider. That's why it is actually worth talking about.....btw, I agree, no way TB does that trade straight up...... lastly, advice you can all take or leave, but calling people stupid is no way to have a conversation with them....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#68 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Meant the idea, not the person, let's say shortsighted, is that better?

#69 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

It's insane and stupid because the Rays would not in a million years trade Sano for Price... and the Twins should not in a million years trade Sano for anyone else on that list.

Yeah basically this, also the Mariners would never trade King Felix for Sano. Nor would it make any sense for the Twins to.
This thread is quite silly to be honest, if you wanted to ask "Should the Twins try to trade Sano for a top pitching prospect" then maybe it would have legs, but prospect for prospect swaps are extremely rare.

#70 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Meant the idea, not the person, let's say shortsighted, is that better?

Actually, I thought you did a nice job of saying the idea was stupid, that was aimed at others.....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: liriano, trade