Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Don't look now but Nishioka is starting to hit a little

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,031 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

SSS and all but Tsuyoshi Nishioka is starting to put up respectable numbers in Rochester. Overall, he's still rocking a very pedestrian .253/.323/.311/.635 line but in 69 ABs in July, he's sporting a .319/.365/.391/.756 line. While that may not mean much, it would be quite a boon to the Twins if he could play out the third year of his contract on the major league squad. Either way, he's worth keeping an eye on over the next few months. The strange thing I noticed immediately is that he's 6 for 12 in SB attempts this season. Given his speed, that warrants a huge WTF.

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,792 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yes, he has been hitting a little bit of late, and that is good. Reports indicate that he has been pretty solid defensively too. Maybe a utility option for 2013.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,031 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Yes, he has been hitting a little bit of late, and that is good. Reports indicate that he has been pretty solid defensively too. Maybe a utility option for 2013.

If he could replace Casilla next season, that would be ~$3m the Twins wouldn't have to worry about spending on a MI.

#4 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Given his speed, that warrants a huge WTF.

that whole contract warranted a huge WTF :) though I do hope that he can salvage something out of it.

#5 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

If he could replace Casilla next season, that would be ~$3m the Twins wouldn't have to worry about spending on a MI.

Yeah, certainly over $2 million.

#6 jlovren

jlovren

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

6 for 12? Yikes. I know speed only plays a part in stolen bases but that is ridiculous. They need to hire Rickey henderson as a coach and teach everyone how to read a pitcher.

#7 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've noticed he's been doing better. I hope he's starting to adjust. He'll likely be one of the September call-ups, and should see playing time.

#8 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

3 run triple in first at bat today. up to .253