Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Max Kepler Promoted, Danny Santana to DL

max kepler danny santana
  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 26,806 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

I was one of those people but in slight defense of Rosario, the kid brings it with the glove. That in itself means he won't go entirely 2015 Danny Santana on the team.

The most concerning thing about Rosario is that he has doubled down on his worst habits thus far in 2016. Somehow, he's swinging even more often than he did last season and actually making contact less often.

But I'm one of those neanderthals who thinks corner OF defense isn't worth worrying about.  And in any case, I doubt there's significant difference in defensive ability between the two, so it's mox nix from that angle in terms of Kepler/Rosario.

As for swinging more often, yeah, but I wonder how much of that not so much him actually swinging more, but is the league figuring out there is virtually no limit to what he'll swing at.

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#102 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,903 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

As for swinging more often, yeah, but I wonder how much of that not so much him actually swinging more, but is the league figuring out there is virtually no limit to what he'll swing at.

Nah, it's just Eddie being Eddie. His pitch zone % is actually six points higher than last season (43% last season, 49% this season).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max kepler, danny santana