Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

2016 MLB Regular Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:16 PM

After a couple of meh seasons, I hadn't realized to what level Justin Verlander has rebounded. Good for him: 200IP, 156 hits allowed, 216 K.

• ashbury likes this

#162 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,983 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

UPDATE: 10 games remaining for the Orioles. Joseph still has 0 RBI. He's closing in on a historic season! 

Edited by Vanimal46, 22 September 2016 - 11:16 AM.

• ashbury, Mike Sixel, Bark's Lounge and 1 other like this

#163 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

The Cubs have the best record in baseball and they're -3 games in BaseRuns.

The Red Sox have the second best recored in baseball and they're -8 games in BaseRuns.

That's absurd.

#164 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

It is pretty cool to see David Ortiz have the season he is having. It has to be hands down the best offensive season put up by a 40 year old - Bonds was close but not quite as old.

Walk away Big Papi and fade away into the background of greatness. Hope you win the MVP in your final season!

Major League Baseball is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

#165 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,983 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

UPDATE: 10 games remaining for the Orioles. Joseph still has 0 RBI. He's closing in on a historic season! 

FINAL UPDATE: Caleb Joseph achieves MLB immortality. 

132 at bats. 0 RBI. No other player in MLB history since the stat was tracked in 1920 can say they went an entire season without driving in a run. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

#166 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

FINAL UPDATE: Caleb Joseph achieves MLB immortality. 

132 at bats. 0 RBI. No other player in MLB history since the stat was tracked in 1920 can say they went an entire season without driving in a run. 

Watch him drive in 6 in tomorrow's game....

• Vanimal46 likes this

#167 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

Watch him drive in 6 in tomorrow's game....

More fitting would be that he comes in as a defensive replacement and ends up getting an at-bat in extra innings with a guy on second and slaps a single to win the game, his first RBI of the season.

• TheLeviathan likes this

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#168 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:17 AM

More fitting would be that he comes in as a defensive replacement and ends up getting an at-bat in extra innings with a guy on second and slaps a single to win the game, his first RBI of the season.

Or, had the Orioles been required to play a tiebreaking game 163, Joseph could have driven in a run there and squandered his dubious "record"!

#169 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 15,568 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

On a related note, I wonder how many guys have driven in a run in the postseason, after zero MLB RBI in the regular season?  Obviously it would be a guy who didn't play the full MLB season like Joseph.  I am sure a few pitchers have done it, just wondering about position players.

None of 3 guys I found who made their MLB debuts in the postseason (Bug Holliday, Mark Kiger, Raul Adalberto Mondesi) drove in a run.

Guess I have to root for Joseph to do it now, so I can get an answer to this trivia question!