Vikings Journal Forums
- America's Pregame Takes Aim At Aaron Rodgers
Today, 03:47 PM
- MUST SEE: Brett Favre's new commercial
Today, 03:33 PM
- The NFL Now Has All Of The Monies
Today, 03:22 PM
- Packers' coach Mike McCarthy on the Vikings
Today, 02:54 PM
- Vikings Week 5 Injury Report
Today, 01:14 PM
- Grantland: Keep It Simple, Teddy
Today, 01:07 PM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
77 replies to this topic
Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:32 PM
It was more of a single, but your primary point remains.
I'm "watching" on gamecast.
Interesting side note: According to gamecast, there have been a total of 3 pitches outside the strike zone through one inning.
Lots of pitches called a ball, but only 3 outside the strike zone.
I'm guessing gamecast's pitch location depiction isn't entirely, uh, accurate.
Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM
To give him credit, Blackburn is starting off nicely. He's throwing strikes, he's keeping the ball down in the zone, and while he's given up 3 hits, they haven't been hit that hard (a shallow fly into center, a broken-bat bloop, and a shallow single).
Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:03 PM
You don't see that much - an outfielder trying to throw a runner out at first.
I remember, at the end of Harmon's career, that sometimes worked - he singled to right field but couldn't get down the baseline in time to beat the throw.
How dare you speak of Harmon that way. Blasphemy.
Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:04 PM
I didn't think he'd pitch this well. I did think (and say) that I expected 2 to 3 good starts from him before he has problems again. (Not to jinx him). There just isn't anything predictable about this rotation right now. Of course, one could ask, what rotation? One or 2 cycles through it and then it changes again.