Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Eddie Rosario: Best Player on the Twins?

rosario
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DJSim22

DJSim22

Charlestown

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:04 AM

I really appreciate Eddie because he is such a good all around player.The only thing that scares me a bit is the lack of walks. 

#22 DJSim22

DJSim22

Charlestown

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

Rosario is fun to watch, and I think he'll have a good season.

As far as injuries go, if an outfielder was to go down soon, Mastro would get the call first before Kepler.

I agree if we are looking at 15 days or so.No reason to have Kepler moved up and down for two weeks. If anyone goes to the 60 day, I think it then would be Kepler assuming he isn't struggling or hurt.

#23 Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

• Members
  • 738 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

He is my favorite Twin. I believe he will become an all star in the coming years.
  • jimbo92107 likes this
Credited with fixing Buxton's swing June 29, 2017.

#24 Platoon

Platoon

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,397 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

One possible scenario is if Byung Ho Park can't adjust to the difference between MLB fastballs and MLB off-speed stuff, he might get sent down to AAA while Kepler comes up. Then Sano could go back to DH with Kepler in RF. I did see Park struggling with curve balls in Saturday's game, the first time he seemed a little overmatched. It's not just a matter of gearing up for hotter fastballs, it's whether you can learn to hold back long enough to hit slower pitches.

I read just recently the the player Baltimore brought in last year from the KBL had a clause wherein he had to agree to a stint in the minors, and he did not. The same piece said most KBL players have that clasue? But the writer did not know if that was a part of the Park contract. I imagine if someone from TD called Terry, he would be more than happy to clear up the matter? :)
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#25 ThejacKmp

ThejacKmp

Wing Commander

• Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

When Kepler demonstrates he can hit in 3A he will force himself into the lineup. This just might be a lot quicker than the Twins expect. In addition to Kepler's hitting, Sano is quickly going to demonstrate just how much he doesn't belong in RF. As to Rosario, I too think he will be the breakout player of the year for our Twins. The twins are very likely going to be forced to make a decision between Mauer and Park.

I guess I don't see where the decision is between Mauer and Park. Mauer isn't going anywhere and Park is signed for two more years.  If Kepler forces his way up (and moves Rosario to Sano's spot), Plouffe is the guy who would seem to be the casualty. He has 1 arbitration year left and if the Twins have to choose, they can unload him anytime. He's good insurance now for a lot of uncertain pieces (can Rosario hit? Is Kepler for real? Will Park be overmatched? Is Arcia at least a good platoon bat?) but if everyone works out, he's no longer necessary as insurance and will be moved.

#26 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:51 PM

In two years at AA Eddie R. had a OBP of .302. I don't think this problem is going to magically fix itself. And while at outstanding defender, he has shown lapses (routes? effort? Not sure exactly sure what it is). Therefore if Rosario is the most exciting Twin we are in trouble.

As always, I wish him and the team the best - may he have an OPB of .350 and prove me wrong.

Edited by ScrapTheNickname, 03 April 2016 - 05:53 PM.

• USAFChief likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rosario