Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Back End of the Rotation Battle--Duffey, Milone, Nolasco

options contract
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

I'd give you 5 to 1 odds. That's how sure I am it will be Duffey. And some chunk of that is if Duffey gets injured (knock on wood that doesn't happen).

If it was any other "contending" team in baseball you might as well make it 500:1 odds, with TR/DSP/Pohlad regime though? I'd say it's 2:1 odds Nolasco "starts" the season in the rotation.
  • nytwinsfan likes this
<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#22 SweetOne69

SweetOne69

• 668 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Molitor and Antony may want Duffey to be in the Rotation and they may request that, but it is actually Ryan who makes the final decision,and since Duffey can be optioned, Nolasco will be in the rotation on Opening Day.

#23 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 14,986 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

I actually like Nolasco's chances of making the rotation less after his agent publicly implied that Ricky would ask for a trade if he was sent to the pen.

First, Ryan does not appear to be one that would cave to an ultimatum, and second, if putting Nolasco in the pen means his agent will be working overtime to find a trade for his client, that sounds like a fantastic incentive to demote him, even if his agent is delusional.

• James, spycake, Don Walcott and 1 other like this

#24 Don Walcott

Don Walcott

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,238 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, NM

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

I actually like Nolasco's chances of making the rotation less after his agent publicly implied that Ricky would ask for a trade if he was sent to the pen.

First, Ryan does not appear to be one that would cave to an ultimatum, and second, if putting Nolasco in the pen means his agent will be working overtime to find a trade for his client, that sounds like a fantastic incentive to demote him, even if his agent is delusional.

I love this!And then, two or three weeks into the season, Berrios gets called up for his first start while Nolasco is still sulking in the bullpen!!Problem solved.

#25 nytwinsfan

nytwinsfan

• 1,750 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

If it was any other "contending" team in baseball you might as well make it 500:1 odds, with TR/DSP/Pohlad regime though? I'd say it's 2:1 odds Nolasco "starts" the season in the rotation.

Not as pessimistic as you. ^_^ But at least we agree on the merits of this one.

• DaveW likes this

#26 laloesch

laloesch

• 1,851 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

We can only hope.  

• nytwinsfan likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: options, contract