Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor Leaguers Report To Ft. Myers

nick gordon kohl stewart stephen gonsalves trevor hildenberger brad steil
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 GMinTraining

GMinTraining

Ft Myers Miracle

• 395 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:18 AM

Not the guys on the 40 man roster. Once they are sent down, they can't come back and play in MLB spring training games. Non-roster guys can.

I know.  That's my point Lol.  ABW II might have had more ABs as a non roster guy call up as opposed to being on the 40 man.  6 ABs in 10 games is a wow, but I'm sure Twins have their reasons.  Has anyone seen him in BP or any of his 6 ABs?  Are there improvements to notice?

#22 Eagle Eyes

Eagle Eyes

• 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

I'm going to be in Florida for a week starting March 18. While I'm not there specifically for spring training, I do plan to be in Ft. Myers Saturday and Sunday and plan to see the Twins play the Yankees that Sunday (March 20.) My question is - Are there any workouts that take place on Sunday morning? Or does everybody take that day off (other than the players who play in the exhibition game?) I'd love to hang out around the practice fields if there are any activities going on.

#23 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,562 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

Great preview!

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#24 bdhenders

bdhenders

• 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:21 PM

Thanks for the update, Seth. We'll be arriving in Florida today and we're hoping to see some of the minor leaguers practice or play games. Has anyone been able to find the minor league schedule for games? Seth, you said they start next week. Do you mean Monday? It seems last time I was there schedules came out online much earlier.

#25 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• 2,708 posts
  • LocationSilver Bay, Minnesota

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the update, Seth. We'll be arriving in Florida today and we're hoping to see some of the minor leaguers practice or play games. Has anyone been able to find the minor league schedule for games? Seth, you said they start next week. Do you mean Monday? It seems last time I was there schedules came out online much earlier.

They play games at 1pm against each other on Sunday, Monday and Tue., and then start playing other teams Wednesday. The rosters and schedule are in a box on the wall outside of the minor league offices.

he gone!

#26 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2020

• 10,284 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

I know.  That's my point Lol.  ABW II might have had more ABs as a non roster guy call up as opposed to being on the 40 man.  6 ABs in 10 games is a wow, but I'm sure Twins have their reasons.  Has anyone seen him in BP or any of his 6 ABs?  Are there improvements to notice?

There are major improvements both in pitch recognition and fielding and throwing that need to be made here.And with Park as the DH and Arcia and Santana needing looks, Walker does not fit the bill.The Twins have higher priorities.He hill get his PAs and fielding time now that the MiLB camp opens.He will have an additional week as a minor leaguer to get ready for the season because that camp breaks later.

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#27 Bob Sacamento

Bob Sacamento

• 1,402 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Twitter: tturbo420

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

We'll be arriving in Florida today and we're hoping to see some of the minor leaguers practice or play games. Has anyone been able to find the minor league schedule for games? Seth, you said they start next week. Do you mean Monday? It seems last time I was there schedules came out online much earlier.

I posted in another thread but here is the MiLB Schedule and MiLB workout groups. First intrasquad game is Sunday!

24975710463_28d5af3fba_b.0.jpg24975704363_28659a36e6_b.0.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nick gordon, kohl stewart, stephen gonsalves, trevor hildenberger, brad steil