- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Today, 07:19 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 07:18 AM
- Article: Vikings Continue to Be Big Losers in Peterson Case
Today, 03:16 AM
- Latest plat
Today, 01:36 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Oh Snap! Vikings Botch the Game Late in Miami
Yesterday, 05:10 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Argenis Silva in relief
1 reply to this topic
Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:32 PM
When we signed this kid I was pretty excited with what was being wrote about him as a 16 year old as a possible top of the rotation guy down the road (barring about a million things). Does anyone know why he has spent the year as a reliever? Or is it protocol to start out very young players this way (turns 17 this month)?
Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:37 PM
It's not at all unusual. Note that JO Berrios is in relief with the GCL Twins. Innings are very carefully watched in the lower levels. Also, several pitchers drafted out of college this year will pitch in the bullpen this year and start next year. Also, he's 16. I would hope they'd keep his innings down.