Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Making A Murderer (Netflix)

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#1 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

Currently 1 episode in so far, and color me intrigued. Anyone else watching this show on Netflix?

#2 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Similar documentary style of The Jinx on HBO. If you enjoyed that series, I'd recommend watching this as well.

#3 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Holy cow, 2 episodes in and this series is more infuriating than I thought... If you want to be disappointed with the criminal system and humanity in general, then watch it.

#4 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Banned
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

Just stayed up all night watching.  I don't know what to think without looking into the case further, but they sure got the intended reaction out of me at least for a little while.  As always the media is disgusting when it comes to tragic events and if nothing else I'm glad this showed that from this perspective.

#5 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,561 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

watched the first episode today.It was interesting. I'm afraid to watch the next b/c unfortunately I have a bad feeling as to how it's going to play out.

#6 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

Believe me, it gets worse diehard. Not a series that you can binge watch. 1 episode a day is my max without having a heart attack.

#7 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,561 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

3 episodes in and what little confidence I had in humanity is already waning. Just cannot believe that the investigators would allow people with an obvious conflict of interest to be involved in that murder investigation.

#8 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

3 episodes in and what little confidence I had in humanity is already waning. Just cannot believe that the investigators would allow people with an obvious conflict of interest to be involved in that murder investigation.

It's taken all of the restraint I have to not Google anything about these people until I'm done watching the series... But until I'm finished, I'm wishing most of these prosecutors and Manitowoc Police Department are no longer in their professions.

#9 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Banned
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

I had to google the news anchors names at a certain point just to prove to myself this was real.  I was really wishing it was a mock documentary as I watched it.

#10 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Through episode 5 as of last night. Steven Avery has a brilliant defense team. If I were in that spot I'd hire them no question.

#11 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,561 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

It's taken all of the restraint I have to not Google anything about these people until I'm done watching the series... But until I'm finished, I'm wishing most of these prosecutors and Manitowoc Police Department are no longer in their professions.

I would hope in jail.There's a few guys there that I think got carried along by things and made reasonable decisions based on the information they had, but there's no question a few folks crossed real lines knowingly in putting him behind bars the first time.Then to have some of those same folks (who were being deposed during the murder investigation) being anywhere near the crime scene is almost instant reasonable doubt. I would think just about any reasonably intelligent human being with no law experience could spin reasonable doubt out of that.

Speaking of ignorance, if he is guilty of murder, their presence just got him off (or at least it would have if I was on the jury).If he's innocent, it's part one all over again with the real killer still being very much alive.

Only thing that could make this worse is if one of the cops/DAs actually killed her to frame him.

Oh, side note, I lived a couple hours from there when this was happening and even vacationed in Mishikat.Too me, that is more scary.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#12 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

I am through episode four. This case is even more infuriating then the West Memphis Three case.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#13 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

I am through episode four. This case is even more infuriating then the West Memphis Three case.

Len Krachinsky is a weasel. I felt bad for the kid that he was stuck with him. He had no intention of fighting for him and was in way over his head for a case like this.

#14 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

Into the fifth episode. If I owned a gun I would have shot my computer.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#15 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

Into the fifth episode. If I owned a gun I would have shot my computer.

Felt the same way every time Len had on his weasel smile during the press conferences. He just has a face that you want to punch....

#16 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

Felt the same way every time Len had on his weasel smile during the press conferences. He just has a face that you want to punch....

Yeah, he looks actually creepy as hell too.

#17 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 12,561 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

yeah, nothing quite like the wanna be politician taking on a high profile case.That attorney was no good. 

After episode 4, I really hope people end up in jail. 

#18 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 10,720 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

Through episode 8 and now I'm catching myself swearing at the TV....

#19 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Finished. This is brutal. Now to start looking into alternative theories and whatnot . . .

#20 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Banned
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Probably should start a separate thread allowing spoilers.