Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Game Recaps on Twins Daily?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BK432

BK432

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCrystal, MN
  • Twitter: bk432

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Something I would love to see on this site is a section where we could go to read a detailed recap on every game played by a Twins affiliate, and some stories/profiles on Twins minor leaguers. I know this stuff is available and scattered elsewhere, but I'd love to see Twins Daily as a one-stop shop. Thoughts guys?

#2 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'll let Seth reply, because I know he's thought about this a lot more than I have. I will say this - just about anything like that is possible if it is a team effort. That is, if we organized members outside of Seth, Nick, Parker and I to bring that kind of information together consistently. That's really what we're trying to establish here: a community that can organize and do amazing things without it all being controlled centrally.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Great question! I certainly plan on writing game updates and highlights from all Twins minor league games. Most likely, it'll be in one blog each night. I hope to also do player stories throughout the season as well. I love following the Twins minor league system and hope to bring that full to this site as well.

#4 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I can do Beloit on a daily basis, get to most of the home games as well as 40% of road games, also take a lot of pictures at the games. Photos can be seen in my signature, also posted a blog post that I would be doing that for this year.
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#5 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I can do Beloit on a daily basis, get to most of the home games as well as 40% of road games, also take a lot of pictures at the games. Photos can be seen in my signature, also posted a blog post that I would be doing that for this year.

You must really be excited for this upcoming season considering some of the names Beloit will be featuring this year. I am trying to talk the wife into doing a family road trip to Beloit some time this June. I threw in the idea of a detour to Wisconsin Dells which made her a little more open to the idea.

#6 BK432

BK432

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCrystal, MN
  • Twitter: bk432

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Right on, righty8383....I will be proposing a Beloit trip as well. The Snappers are going to be stacked.

#7 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

You must really be excited for this upcoming season considering some of the names Beloit will be featuring this year. I am trying to talk the wife into doing a family road trip to Beloit some time this June. I threw in the idea of a detour to Wisconsin Dells which made her a little more open to the idea.

The dells are awesome,I live just outside of Milwaukee and get to just about every game. If you are coming in June , and perfer to do autographs I would reccomend coming for the June 17th game against Burlington, and then head a hour and a half down to Kane County for the MWL All star game and homerun derby on the 18 and 19th. The whole MWL is going to be loaded this year. The only thing is that if you are forced to stay in Beloit, there is literally nothing to do other than walk on the river walk, or go to a movie theater. My Graduation party is on June 17 so I will not be at that game, I will be shooting the ASG/HRD the next 2 days. If anyone needs any tips about Beloit, and the surrounding area's just lmk and I'd be happy to share.
--JT--
Adrian Salcedo
Sano
Rosario
Boer-(if he is moved to starter)
Gruver
Shibuya
Levi Michael
Goodrum-by June
Kepler- by June

Kane county
Bubba Starling
Cheslor Cuthbert

Burlington
AJ cole

Cedar Rapids
CJ Cron
Caleb Cowart
Taylor Lindsey
Nick Maronde
Cam Bedosrian

Peoria
Javier Baez- this is a reach
Dillon Maples
Reggie Golden

Wisconsin
David Goforth

Clinton
Guillermo Pimentel

Quad Cities
Tyrell Jenkins

Great Lakes Loons
Chris Reed

Lansing Lugnuts
Noah Syndergaard
Justin Nicolino
Aaron Sanchez
Dwight Smith JR
Daniel Norris

Bowling Green
Mikie Mahtook- if he has a hot start I don’t expect him to be in BG for long
Parker Markel
Ryan Brett
Jake Hager
Josh Sale
Granden Goetzman

Dayton
Robert Stephenson

South Bend
Archie Bradley
Andrew Chafin
Anthony Meo

West Michigan-Similar to the Brewers farm system, really have only 1 or 2 potential Blue Chip prospects to develop.
Benny Paulino
Fort Wayne
Joe Ross

Lake County
Francisco Lindor
Luigi Rodriguez
Tony Wolters

#8 minn55441

minn55441

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the offer. I have my son sold on a trip to Beloit when the Twins are out of town in may. I have a feeling some of those prospects will get a promotion before the summer is over, so it is best to catch them early in the season.

#9 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for the offer. I have my son sold on a trip to Beloit when the Twins are out of town in may. I have a feeling some of those prospects will get a promotion before the summer is over, so it is best to catch them early in the season.

Levi Michael and Shibuya will prob will be gone in July, but Sano and Rosario are probably gonna be in Beloit the whole year, recent Highschool draft picks/signees in the Twins system who have started in Beloit and stayed for a whole year, Hicks(was 19 when he started in Beloit, spend 1.5 years here),Revere,waldrop,Morales,Ramos. The Twins love to keep their young guys in Beloit, anyone drafted out of college likely will only spend half a year if that in Beloit.

#10 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'll be happy to do game recaps for the 10 or so Rock Cats games I go to this season. I can upload photos, too.
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#11 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Thank you for shating all that JT. I was thinking a Sunday Monday. My days off are Monday and Tuesday so this way I would only have to use one vacation day(Sunday). The 3rd and 4th look good. I was also thinking the 10th and 11th. I noticed they play the Wisconsing Timber Rattlers in Appleton which is an even shorter drive away from the Twin Cities.

#12 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,988 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

I just signed up for the Twins Train trip to Quad Cities and Beloit (June 1-3)... It's one Snappers game in the cool Quad Cities Stadium and one game in Beloit. Should be fun to experience. Check out the trip here: http://www.twins-train.com/. Hopefully we can get a bunch of Twins Daily folks on the Twins Train!

#13 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

I just signed up for the Twins Train trip to Quad Cities and Beloit (June 1-3)... It's one Snappers game in the cool Quad Cities Stadium and one game in Beloit. Should be fun to experience. Check out the trip here: http://www.twins-train.com/. Hopefully we can get a bunch of Twins Daily folks on the Twins Train!

QC is cool stadium, definitley one of the top in the MWL (behind Fort Wayne,Dayton)

Thank you for shating all that JT. I was thinking a Sunday Monday. My days off are Monday and Tuesday so this way I would only have to use one vacation day(Sunday). The 3rd and 4th look good. I was also thinking the 10th and 11th. I noticed they play the Wisconsing Timber Rattlers in Appleton which is an even shorter drive away from the Twin Cities.

I will be at the games on the 10th and 11th in appleton, I am going to be shooting in the Pit for one of those games, and my brother will be in the pit for the other. Appleton has a very nice stadium, as well as a lot of nice promotions. On that Sunday it is Brewers Sunday, where they will wear Brewer Themed jersey's which look sick. The T-Rats are awesome at promotional stuff. Also Green Bay is only a half hour away, at the best team in the NFL plays there. Also the oshkosh trip mall is one of the biggest in the USA which is about 45 minutes away from Appleton There is a lot more stuff to do in Appleton/Oskosh/Green Bay than Beloit. That Sunday game will be backed though

#14 dklien

dklien

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Having daily updates of all of the minor league teams would be great. I always went to Seth's site first during the season looking for updates. If there was nothing there, I would have to go to each of the minor league team's websites and find the box score. Any and all minor league coverage will be appreciated.

#15 NHDadUmp

NHDadUmp

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...ex.jsp?c_id=min

Edited by NHDadUmp, 26 February 2012 - 11:47 AM.