Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Misconceptions

byung ho park trevor plouffe jung ho kang tsuyoshi nishioka joe mauer
  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 HitInAPinch

HitInAPinch

Look deeply into mine eyes....

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

Oh my Seth.You do go on....  ;)

Edited by HitInAPinch, 03 December 2015 - 06:08 PM.

It's not my fault !

#42 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

If we don't get that much and it doesn't change moving forward what difference does it make if we move him now or later?  If we don't get that much for him now then I am just fine with keeping him.

Too early for this?

1. Buxton

2. Mauer

3. Sano

4. Park

5. Plouffe

6. Escobar

7. Dozier

8. Rosario

9. Susuki/Murphy

Right now this is better than anything we put out there if Sano does not play outfield, at least until Kepler is up.  

Not too early at all, IMPO. But I would bump Dozier and his mix of OB, power and speed up to 5 or 6. Regardless of a 5-6 of Plouffe/Dozier or Dozier/Plouffe, I'd put Rosario and his mixed bag of excitement and left handed bat in the 7 hole...Escobar 8th...Zuke and the killer 9th.

As stated, at least until Kepler is ready. (or Plouffe is traded-making way for Arcia?)

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#43 Platoon

Platoon

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 4,563 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:12 AM

Yup. My 'shock' wasn't so much that it wasn't a lot of money, I just thought the market would set it higher.

There was no market. Once the Twins won the bid,it's a take it or leave it. He had to take it. He is almost 30, and he gets a shot at MLB. I would have done the same thing in a heartbeat. Parks decision was correct, based on the options he had.
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#44 mikelink45

mikelink45

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

I know I am both Old and Old fashioned - I like defense. I like fast agile defenders who prevent runs.  I like Buxton, Rosario, Kepler.  I like a great infield, but we cannot have that.  Escobar and Dozier are at least average. The corners?  I know we tend to see teams sacrifice here, but the biggest issue for me is that if Sano is not OF and I hope he is not, and if he is not DH - we have now committed this - we have to put him at 3B.  Catcher???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: byung ho park, trevor plouffe, jung ho kang, tsuyoshi nishioka, joe mauer