Vikings Journal Forums
- Which Comes First...
Today, 08:26 AM
- Nickname for Teddy Bridgewater
Today, 08:21 AM
- Best running back in college football
Today, 08:20 AM
- NFL: Chiefs' Abdullah Should Not Have Been Penalized
Today, 08:15 AM
- Article: Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
Today, 02:57 AM
- Rookie Quarterback Comparison
Yesterday, 07:30 PM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up
9 replies to this topic
Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:18 PM
Credit goes to the new Manager of the Red Wings. Instead of crying in the corner he has helped keep the team interested and competitive despite a bad start, the upstate NY media who wants to run them out of town and a roster that changes daily.
Agreed. And I can't help but think that this keeps the players in better shape to play for the Twins.
It's good to hear that Joe Benson may be getting back on track.
Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:14 AM
Nice write-up, Jeremy. Boy, this has been a forgotten year in Joe Benson's career. Hopefully he can have a solid couple months rehabbing and working his way back up the ladder. It's funny how all the Twins outfield discussion lately has centered on Span, Revere, Hicks and Arcia, but let us not forget that just a year ago Benson was looking pretty good.
Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:18 PM
If you're not following it on the draft signings thread, here's what you missed today. LJ Mazzilli didn't sign. Neither did Erich Knab. Zach Larson signed for 190K. (90K counts against cap.) The soap opera that is Andre Martinez took another turn. He signed for 80K. His physical turned up some shoulder issues. That's why he was signed, then "unsigned". Jarrett Leverett may or may not have actually signed, a UCL tear turned up in his physical, so he's not with the organization... whether that's because he was signed/released or just not signed after a failed physical is up to your interpretation. It appears that the Twins left $298,500 unspent in their draft pool, meaning they spent a tick under $12 million. In all honesty, if you would have told me that Twins were going to spend $12 million on this draft, I would have told you they would acquire more talent than they actually did. I am a big fan of Buxton and Berrios though and if a couple of the bullpen arms can develop and Walker's power develops, this could be a very successful draft.