Vikings Journal Forums
- NFL: Chiefs' Abdullah Should Not Have Been Penalized
Today, 09:47 PM
- Grantland: Keep It Simple, Teddy
Today, 09:28 PM
- The NFL Now Has All Of The Monies
Today, 08:06 PM
- America's Pregame Takes Aim At Aaron Rodgers
Today, 03:47 PM
- MUST SEE: Brett Favre's new commercial
Today, 03:33 PM
- Packers' coach Mike McCarthy on the Vikings
Today, 02:54 PM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
Will LJ Mazzilli sign?
No replies to this topic
Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:57 AM
The Twins have done a good job this year signing their top picks - only 1 player drafted in rounds 1-10 is unsigned: LJ Mazzilli. My question is, will he sign, or will he return for another year at school? I found an article on the internet which seemed to indicate he expected to be drafted in the first two rounds, which would carry a bonus of $500K+. Instead, he fell to the ninth round, with a slot of $130.8K. According to Baseball America, the Twins are currently $208.5K under their bonus pool, so they could theoretically offer Mazzilli up to around $340K, which is probably a bit less than he was hoping for (that assumes that all draft picks signed in rounds 11-40 all sign for at most $100K each). However, given that the Twins bonus pool for the year was about $12.4M, and that they can spend up to 5% above without losing a draft pick, they could theoretically have about $600K additional they could use if they want. That could allow them to give Mazzilli the money he thought he might get even if he hadn't fallen to the ninth round. So anybody heard any news on this, one way or another?