Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

You have to realize that, as dedicated "everyday" Twins Daily people, you're not the average user. Most people don't check the site two or three times a day. They check it a few times a week or maybe just once a day. That slider system is there to let the more casual users see what's popular and it's not necessarily for the guy/gal who checks the site every hour or more.

So you're saying I'm above average?

"Ma, ma, the man on the computer says I'm ABOVE AVERAGE! I know! I couldn't believe it either!"

Co-Editor at CallToThePen.com, covering Twins, Braves, minor leagues, and all other baseball!

#22 GCTF

GCTF

Wasting Your Time

• Members
  • 2,786 posts
  • LocationCanada City

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

There's a home page?

Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy.

#23 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 18,986 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

You have to realize that, as dedicated "everyday" Twins Daily people, you're not the average user. Most people don't check the site two or three times a day. They check it a few times a week or maybe just once a day. That slider system is there to let the more casual users see what's popular and it's not necessarily for the guy/gal who checks the site every hour or more.

So you're saying I'm above average?

"Ma, ma, the man on the computer says I'm ABOVE AVERAGE! I know! I couldn't believe it either!"

*pats Ben on the head*

You're very special.

#24 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Assistant to the General Manager

• Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Is there a way to remind or force ;) our wonderful colleagues to get avatars up? Gray neutered bodies look horrible as placeholders. You could make it so one cannot register without imputing an avatar but that would mean less registration so I'm sure that won't happen. Any ideas on a way to remind/encourage this?

Should'a gone fishing

#25 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Maybe you can have a special section for the Leeds Football Team?

#26 crapforks

crapforks

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm glad this suggestions deal exists. I sort of hate the hover-over-a-topic-and-get-a-yellow-blob-with-a-partial-though-feature. I get it, but I hate it.