Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Handing out Twins Mid-Season Awards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 847 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...d-Season-Awards

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

I can't argue with any of your picks, Cody. I'm sure we could debate Burton and Perkins in the bullpen a bit. How about Most Improved Twins player? Does it go to Diamond, who already is the choice for Pitcher of the Year and Rookie of the Year after a terrible 2011 season? Or, does it go to Trevor Plouffe who is really taking advantage of the opportunity being given to him with the power at the plate?

#3 SwainZag

SwainZag

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

I can't argue with any of your picks, Cody. I'm sure we could debate Burton and Perkins in the bullpen a bit. How about Most Improved Twins player? Does it go to Diamond, who already is the choice for Pitcher of the Year and Rookie of the Year after a terrible 2011 season? Or, does it go to Trevor Plouffe who is really taking advantage of the opportunity being given to him with the power at the plate?

In the same boat, can't argue with any of your picks either. Does 7 starts last year to this year make Diamond qualify for a most improved player? I say you would have to give it to Plouffe who had 360+ PA before this year.

#4 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think Alex Burnett has a strong case for the Relief Pitcher award. His last two appearances were bad, but his numbers are still very good. I'd also debate the Rick Aguilera title for Joe Nathan. Especially since he almost helped us enough last night. :)

#5 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

i wouldn't count Plouffe out for the Twins MVP award just yet, Cody.

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,364 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

At the very least, it seems that Plouffe should get some award. Why not the Corie Koskie award for "Most Promising Third Baseman in a Very Long Time"?

#7 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

i wouldn't count Plouffe out for the Twins MVP award just yet, Cody.

I'm not counting him out. Especially if he continues to swing well into the second half. His poor start made it difficult to give him the mid-season MVP award.