Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Twins vs. Rangers, 07/08/2012, 6:05pm

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Post the lineups!

#2 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

From LaVelle

Twins (36-48)
1. Denard Span, CF
2. Ben Revere, RF
3. Joe Mauer, DH
4. Josh Willingham, LF
5. Justin Morneau, 1B
6. Ryan Doumit, C
7. Trevor Plouffe, 3B
8. Brian Dozier, SS
9. Jamey Carroll, 2B

Pitching: Cole De Vries, (2-1, 3.91)

Rangers (51-34)

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Elvis Andrus, SS
3. Josh Hamilton, DH
4. Adrian Beltre, 3B
5. Nelson Cruz, RF
6. Michael Young, 1B
7. David Murphy, LF
8. Mike Napoli, C
9. Craig Gentry, CF
Pitching: Roy Oswalt, (2-1, 7.79)

Edited by Highabove, 08 July 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#3 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Again, screw the blackout rules. It's not like having the Yankee's/Red Sox as the only game on is really going to make anybody watch it that wasn't already going to. I certainly won't.

#4 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Two games in a row I can't watch. On a weekend. Despite paying for extra innings. I am drafting a letter to MLB. And another to my senator. I'm serious. If this p!sses you off, I suggest you do the same.

#5 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

It's not on Fox Sports North for you?

#6 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Two games in a row I can't watch. On a weekend. Despite paying for extra innings.

I am drafting a letter to MLB. And another to my senator. I'm serious. If this p!sses you off, I suggest you do the same.

I concur, although I wouldn't bother with a Senator-my letter to him will have baseball way on the bottom of the list. I was poking around looking for someone to complain to on MLB.com, the only way to fix it is to have a high compliant level. I'm not sure why paying for extra innings doesn't bypass the blackout rules.

In general if you are interested check http://www.the506.com/mlbmaps/ for the Saturday blackout stuff. Some of the things I see on this map are just plain dumb.

#7 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

It's not on Fox Sports North for you?

Not in Tucson or Wichita.

#8 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Wow! I didn't even know there was a storm there. Sudden flash of lightning, out of nowhere, and the players scattered like they'd heard a gunshot. That was right near the park!

#9 kydoty

kydoty

First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

We're being bombed!!!!!

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

#10 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

That sounded great on the radio, pffft.

#11 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Boy, if this delay lasts any time, it could screw up a heck-of-a-good start from DeVries - 3 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 3K, and excellent control.

#12 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Tim Laudner just made what I thought was an insightful comment in the studio. DeVries is using all his pitches effectively, mixing them up well. He made the point that Deduno didn't do that yesterday, relying too much on the breaking ball, and Texas figured it out. I remember earlier this season DeVries had the same problem - too many breaking balls. Perhaps DeVries has learned how to pitch smarter in order to have success at the major league level. If so, he might stick around a while.

#13 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Two games in a row I can't watch. On a weekend. Despite paying for extra innings.

I am drafting a letter to MLB. And another to my senator. I'm serious. If this p!sses you off, I suggest you do the same.

I am experiencing the same problem here in California, your neighbor to the west. I really wanted to see Deduno yesterday and DeVries today. And you and I paid a lot for extra innings and we also get the commercials. Sometimes I wish that we had a Menards here, because the commercials make me want to go there.

#14 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Not in Tucson or Wichita.

Or Beverly Hills.

#15 Jocko87

Jocko87

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

I am experiencing the same problem here in California, your neighbor to the west. I really wanted to see Deduno yesterday and DeVries today. And you and I paid a lot for extra innings and we also get the commercials. Sometimes I wish that we had a Menards here, because the commercials make me want to go there.

We just got Menards here last year, they have become my go-to even though HomeDopet is within walking distance. You would like it.

#16 benchwarmerjim

benchwarmerjim

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

it probably wouldnt hurt to mail that same letter to someone in the Twins Front Office. Maybe if enough support building among the ballclubs, Selig will have to give in and change the blackout rules.

#17 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

We just got Menards here last year, they have become my go-to even though HomeDopet is within walking distance. You would like it.

Ar the rate that Menards is moving west, it won't be here until I am ready to build a wheelchair ramp.

#18 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I hate to admit this, but I am so baseball deprived that I have been watching the Yankees-Red Sox game. Fortunately, I was rewarded by watching Jeter drop the most routine pop fly I have ever seen. If Dozier had dropped that one, all of the pitchforks at Menards across Minnesota would be bought tomorrow.

#19 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Well, not only is DeVries back out there, but he's picking up right where he left off - 5 solid innings.

#20 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

At last! There's the first run - RBI for Morneau.

#21 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

This would be a good time for Justin to paste one.

#22 Ted666

Ted666

Banned

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well, not only is DeVries back out there, but he's picking up right where he left off - 5 solid innings.

Yep. And they scored for him.

#23 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well, I wonder how much slack they'll give DeVries in the 7th. With the all-star break, there's no worries about using up the bullpen. A close 1-0 game may cause them to move quickly if trouble develops.

#24 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Saw on MLB.com the twins pitching rotation out of the all-star break. Liriano Duensing then either Devries or Deduno then they are debating what to do with Diamond (since they want to back off his innings). How about liriano Duensing Devries Deduno Walters Liriano then Diamond. Then Duensing can go back to the pen?

#25 mikeee

mikeee

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

He's got a shutout going and only 71 pitches.. They better let him pitch!

#26 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

He's got a shutout going and only 71 pitches.. They better let him pitch!

I agree, but I also think there would be a big emotional boost in the clubhouse to win this game, so I don't think they'll gamble too much. You want to go into the all-star break on a high, and what could be better than winning a series against the best team in the AL, in their park, and having a 4-3 road trip.

#27 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

No reason to pull him in the 8th either. He isn't getting lucky. He's pitching real well and is facing the bottom half of the lineup. Hopefully we get a run or 2 for him here

#28 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

No reason to pull him in the 8th either. He isn't getting lucky. He's pitching real well and is facing the bottom half of the lineup. Hopefully we get a run or 2 for him here

I agree. Too bad Gardenhire disagrees.

#29 mikeee

mikeee

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Pulled for Casey Fien. hrm.

#30 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Pulled for Casey Fien. hrm.

Great idea to bring in Fein with a one run lead -- sink or swim. Who cares if the Twins win.