Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

40 Games Remaining

playoffs bullpen rotation roster schedule
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,474 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

The Twins have 40 games remaining and currently sit two behind the Angels, who hold the second wild card at this point. The Twins have games remaining with the Rays, the Orioles and the Angels so they could gain ground by winning head to head against teams that are in competition for the wild card. Here's the math:

25-15. .625 baseball, which I think would net the team a wild card.

24-16. .600 baseball, I think they make postseason with 85 wins, or at least have a play-in to the play-in game.

21-19. Would give the Twins a winning record, but they would be watching the playoffs.

20-20..500 on the nose, still a success given the expectations.

15-19 wins. Improvement, no 90 loss season, but still a losing record.

The team has 21 road games and 19 home games. They play 25 of their remaining games against the Central, with other games against Baltimore (2), Houston (6), Tampa (3) and the Angels (4).

I'm saying they have a little spurt here and end up with 82 wins, but end up watching the playoffs. I am probably too optimistic after watching May and Jepsen close yesterday's game. If May could have been the 8th inning guy for a month, I think they might have won a couple more games.

• Jerr likes this

#2 bluechipper

bluechipper

• 2,271 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

It looks like LA and Baltimore are vulnerable, but unfortunately the Yankees look like they're a really strong bet to make it despite their two game losing streak to Cleveland. I think the Twins can at least make it interesting and stay within 2 to 3 games of the second WC spot down the stretch.

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Twins World Champions in 2020

• 10,284 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

I am probably too optimistic after watching May and Jepsen close yesterday's game. If May could have been the 9th inning guy for a month, I think they might have won a couple more games.

FTFY

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#4 DJSim22

DJSim22

Charlestown

• 547 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

So now they need to go 23-15.A winning trip in Tampa would really make things interesting. 

• USAFChief likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playoffs, bullpen, rotation, roster, schedule