- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 10:56 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:20 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Dec 23 2014 11:28 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Article: Gabbin' Grapefruit: Terry Doyle
5 replies to this topic
Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:40 PM
People seem awfully excited about a 25-year-old who has a half season of AA ball under his belt. Is it the AFL performance that is generating it, or are we all just rooting for a geek. I gotta say, geeks don't have a great track record with this coaching staff....
Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:20 PM
The White Sox obviously took the slow boat route with him, starting him in the Appy League with a bunch of 18 year olds even though he was a 22-year-old college graduate. By comparison, the Twins seem to start most of their college grad pitchers in Ft Myers (high-A). Carlos Gutierrez, Alex Wimmers and Kyle Gibson all started at high-A ball.