Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

BAs Midseason Top 50 Rankings

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Sano at 22.

[QUOTE]Worries remain about his defense and his feel for hit, but Sano has some of the minors best power potential.[/QUOTE]

Benson's stock down.

[QUOTE]Failed to win big league spot, sent to Double-A and now hurt; still swings and misses too much.[/QUOTE]

Arcia mentioned as one who has improved.

[QUOTE]Injuries slowed him down in 2011, now he's a much-needed cornerstone of Twins' future rebuilding.[/QUOTE]

Rosario on all-disabled team.

[QUOTE]Hit by line drive during BP recently, will miss significant time over second half of season.[/QUOTE]

Draftees not included.

Edited by Jeremy Nygaard, 05 July 2012 - 09:49 AM.
added quotes

#2 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

thought Rosario was 5/6wks.....is that considered significant time?? as he was hurt June 12....that's 3 wks, or half over.

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

kind of surprised that Arcia didn't make it.

#4 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

kind of surprised that Arcia didn't make it.

Top 100, I am sure. Top 50 is pretty close. Also, the AA performance so far might not have been noticed before the list was made.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I"m sure Rosario would be pretty close to Top 50 if not for the injury. He should be Top 100 next spring, along with Sano, Buxton and Arcia.

#6 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am pretty sure it will happen, but I don't know how it is that Buxton will be rated ahead of Arcia and/or Rosario...

#7 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Love the rise of Arcia this season. Think Rosario could be higher.

#8 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

From Sickels midseason revision (offseason) Sano #12 (#31) Rosario #46 (90) Arcia #64 (91) Hicks HM I would probably flipflop Arcia/Rosario and gibson is at a minimum an HM for me. Things are definitely looking up since there should be 4 top 50 guys in the system next year. And there could be several guys sneaking in the bottom of the top 100.

#9 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,384 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Arcia's biggest issue has been hitting the breaking ball. This year, he got better at Fort Myers (2:1 K:BB from 5:1 in 2011.) Somewhat regressed in New Britain (3:1) but let's see how he adjusts the rest of the season. Still he is 21 years old (and Hicks 22, so don't write him off too soon also.) Another issue with Arcia is that he is not the smoothest defender out there. Not Parmelee-like at RF, but not that much better.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#10 Erock

Erock

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Arcia's biggest issue has been hitting the breaking ball. This year, he got better at Fort Myers (2:1 K:BB from 5:1 in 2011.) Somewhat regressed in New Britain (3:1) but let's see how he adjusts the rest of the season. Still he is 21 years old (and Hicks 22, so don't write him off too soon also.) Another issue with Arcia is that he is not the smoothest defender out there. Not Parmelee-like at RF, but not that much better.

Where did you hear this? I've heard that Arcia is a pretty good defender with a great arm, but just isn't quick enough to play center. He should be solid in the corner.

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

I've heard that Arcia is a pretty good defender with a great arm, but just isn't quick enough to play center. He should be solid in the corner.

This is what I've heard as well. Again, I think the comps with Jason Kubel and Rene Tosoni are pretty good ones. No one is claiming he's a Gold Glover, but he's a decent outfielder with a good arm. He has played some CF in previous years, but not a lot, and really more out of necessity.

#12 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Where did you hear this? I've heard that Arcia is a pretty good defender with a great arm, but just isn't quick enough to play center. He should be solid in the corner.

Arcia also would seemingly profile as more of a DH for the Twins as well, barring a trade, as a Benson-Revere-Hicks outfield in late 2013/2014 could be the best defensive outfield in all of baseball. Barring a trade of any of these four, you have to think Arcia would DH 4-5 times a week and play outfield 1-2 times a week.

That being said, given Mauer's need to spend half his games at first or DH, Morneau's need to DH occasionally, as well as Doumit and Willingham, it seems pretty clear that trades are coming, either with the big leaugers, or the kids.

#13 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

Arcia was a centerfielder up until recently... He shoudl be a pretty decent option in the corner... not expecting Span or anything like that, but average or slightly better seems reasonable unless he's slowed down a lot....

#14 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

From Sickels midseason revision (offseason)

Sano #12 (#31)
Rosario #46 (90)
Arcia #64 (91)
Hicks HM

I would probably flipflop Arcia/Rosario and gibson is at a minimum an HM for me. Things are definitely looking up since there should be 4 top 50 guys in the system next year. And there could be several guys sneaking in the bottom of the top 100.

I couldn't find this on his site... do you have a link?

#15 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

http://www.minorleag...revision-update