Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Trade Prospects?

options 40-man roster depth catcher bullpen
  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,005 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Joe Benson turned 27 years old yesterday. We have plenty of Tier 2 guys who should be able to be considered for bullpen help. Casey Fien is not the guy.

well lets hope the twins start bringing some of those guys up to see if they can get the job done better than what is in that pen right now. hope they do it fast so they can see if they need to go and get someone or not. im all for bringing up someone if they can get people out in big situations.

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#22 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• 719 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

I would make a trade for Plawecki from the Mets. He's been somewhat struggling at the plate right now but he could be the catcher of the future and they have D'Arnaud (who's hurt right now but will be back soon). The Mets are hurting for bats like it's no one's business. Would they trade Plawecki for ABW and Arcia? It would take care of log jams on both teams and it would be significant upside on both sides. Too much or too little?

#23 HitInAPinch

HitInAPinch

Look deeply into mine eyes....

• 5,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

Here's a funny one:

http://reviewingtheb...ign=RecentPosts

THE TWINS ARE INTERESTED IN A TRADE FOR CARLOS GOMEZ!!!!

Of course, this was posted by a Brewers fan site :jump:

It's not my fault !

#24 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• 719 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Here's a funny one:

http://reviewingtheb...ign=RecentPosts

THE TWINS ARE INTERESTED IN A TRADE FOR CARLOS GOMEZ!!!!

Of course, this was posted by a Brewers fan site :jump:

I would absolutely trade Meyer and ABW for Gomez, although it would probably make our crowded outfield a bigger problem but I could see an outfield of Rosario, Buxton, and Gomez for the future. Would be one of the best defensive outfields in the majors for sure
  • Mike Sixel and HitInAPinch like this

#25 jaimedude2

jaimedude2

• 1,374 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

I would do a trade of Aaron Hicks, ABW II, Jake Reed and Alex Meyer, and Danny Santanna  if it brought back both Carlos Gomez and Jean Segura.

Heck I would do Alex Meyer and AB Walker II for Segura

but not Gomez. Segura at short stop would solidify the infield defense, although I like Carlos Gomez and would not have a problem with the Twins bringing him back, not sure we have the right mix to get him as a lot of teams are showing interest to the Brewers for Gomez.

• Siehbiscuit likes this

#26 Pardon My Dinger

Pardon My Dinger

Cat Evangelist

• 3,022 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

I don't know what it will cost but:

A. Trade for one of the Marlins late inning guys. Ramos... Capps or Cishek.

Please mark me down as not interested in watching Carter Capps jump around the mound like a farting dog.

• Siehbiscuit likes this

Rap name: LL Cool Bean.

#27 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,616 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

I would make a trade for Plawecki from the Mets. He's been somewhat struggling at the plate right now but he could be the catcher of the future and they have D'Arnaud (who's hurt right now but will be back soon). The Mets are hurting for bats like it's no one's business. Would they trade Plawecki for ABW and Arcia? It would take care of log jams on both teams and it would be significant upside on both sides. Too much or too little?

I wouldn't be against going after him, though the Twins will need to be patient with him.He didn't exactly destroy the PCL, which is a hitter's paradise, but he's not a bad prospect.Something tells me though that the Mets will want more.

#28 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

What's His Velocity?

• 12,958 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

I wouldn't be against going after him, though the Twins will need to be patient with him.He didn't exactly destroy the PCL, which is a hitter's paradise, but he's not a bad prospect.Something tells me though that the Mets will want more.

Well we can make the assumption that they don't need starting pitching, so Berrios would be safe... But yeah I couldn't tell you what they'd be looking for.

#29 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,488 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

I would rather play Escobar than give up anything for Segura. Escobar certainly has been the better hitter. He will be solid at SS when given a chance to play everyday.

They need to focus on fixing the pen followed by catcher.
  • Brock Beauchamp, brvama and Danchat like this

#30 kab21

kab21

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

I would do a trade of Aaron Hicks, ABW II, Jake Reed and Alex Meyer, and Danny Santanna  if it brought back both Carlos Gomez and Jean Segura.

Heck I would do Alex Meyer and AB Walker II for Segura

but not Gomez. Segura at short stop would solidify the infield defense, although I like Carlos Gomez and would not have a problem with the Twins bringing him back, not sure we have the right mix to get him as a lot of teams are showing interest to the Brewers for Gomez.

You are going to need to give up someone desirable to get Gomez (a 4-5 WAR player on a cheap contract).I am not sure you can get w/o putting Berrios into the equation but possibly if you made a package of Polanco, Kepler and one of Stewart/Gordon/Meyer/Gonsalves.I really don't see this being enough.These are all fringy top 100 prospects and Gomez has become a legit star.

I like the idea of buying low on Segura.He has stuggled in the last 1.5 yrs but I like his skillset and he had to deal with the loss of a son last season.Segura is kind of an Alcides Escobar type (less speed but more pop) and wouldn't be surprised if he was putting up similar numbers.

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#31 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• 956 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

I can see Meyer, Duffy, and ABW II getting it done for Gomez.  You might have to add Arcia and Zach Jones (type reliever) for Segura.

#32 kab21

kab21

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

I can see Meyer, Duffy, and ABW II getting it done for Gomez.  You might have to add Arcia and Zach Jones (type reliever) for Segura.

zero guys that I would rank in the top 100 for a borderline AS on a cheap 1.5 yr contract?

• Mike Sixel likes this

Is 2016 2017 2018 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Offseason (noun) - a time to propose trades assuming opposing GM's can't do the same basic analysis

#33 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• 16,930 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

zero guys that I would rank in the top 100 for a borderline AS on a cheap 1.5 yr contract?

You mistake the demi-god that is Adam Brett-Walker, beware the new Duensing.

#34 kab21

kab21

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

You mistake the demi-god that is Adam Brett-Walker, beware the new Duensing.

I have created a new rule.See the other thread.

#35 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• 956 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

I have created a new rule.See the other thread.

Isn't Meyer top 100 and I actually think Duffy is your best pitching prospect in the system.  Time will tell, but his results are hard to argue with.  Those are my actual big money chips when you get done.  Lol

#36 kab21

kab21

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Isn't Meyer top 100 and I actually think Duffy is your best pitching prospect in the system.  Time will tell, but his results are hard to argue with.  Those are my actual big money chips when you get done.  Lol

He isn't anywhere near a top 100 list in my book.I know Sickels left him in his top 75 midseason list but I don't see it.Shane moved him down to #11 on the Twins list behind Minier.I think that is more accurate.It is possible that there is a GM (like 1 or 2 out of 30) that still really likes him though.

Duffey has mediocre K rates in the minors with average stuff.that isn't a big chip despite his MiLB success. that is more of a Liam Hendriks prospect.

#37 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Banned
  • 13,014 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

You're nine games over .500, second best record in the AL as play resumes on 17 July. Better than half way through the season. You have a couple clearly identifiable places where upgrades would be very useful, and some potential trade candidates out there.

If you're not going to use some of your minor league assets--which every mother's son on this board says you have oodles of--in that situation, when are you going to do so?

I think the twins hopefully learned the hard way during their last run of playoff teams, they refused to pull the trigger on big trades for the most part to get that impact player to push them over the top.
<p>Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS 7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#38 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,928 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

He isn't anywhere near a top 100 list in my book.I know Sickels left him in his top 75 midseason list but I don't see it.Shane moved him down to #11 on the Twins list behind Minier.I think that is more accurate.It is possible that there is a GM (like 1 or 2 out of 30) that still really likes him though.

Duffey has mediocre K rates in the minors with average stuff.that isn't a big chip despite his MiLB success. that is more of a Liam Hendriks prospect.

Duffey is a nice piece to have in a deep system but he's not the type of guy you count on to become much of anything. If Duffey is your top pitching prospect, you have org issues.

Better than Hendriks, still not that impressive.

#39 kab21

kab21

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

There is nothing that says Duffey is better than Hendriks was.Duffey's stuff is average at best just like Hendriks and he has rather unexciting K rates.Duffey has been successful so far but he doesn't really interest me as an MLB starter.

Hendriks is another example of a mediocre starting pitching prospect that has become very successful in the bullpen though.His FB jumped 3mph to 94.3 and he stopped throwing his changeup.Completely different pitcher this year although there is one warning sign.His swstr% is still a little low.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: options, 40-man roster, depth, catcher bullpen