Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Royals vs. Twins, 07/01/2012, 1:10pm

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-01-2012-1-10pm

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Royals:
Gordon LF
Escobar SS
Butler DH
Francoeur RF
Betancourt 3B
Hosmer 1B
Pena C
Bourgeois CF
Falu 2B
(Chen P)

Twins:
Span CF
Carroll 2B
Mauer DH
Willingham LF
Morneau 1B
Plouffe 3B
Mastroianni RF
Butera C
Dozier SS
(Liriano P)

#3 The Greatest Poster Alive

The Greatest Poster Alive

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Can Butera use a racial slur about Liriano so we can get this asinine personal catcher bs to stop?

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,502 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Good to see Mastroianni getting some opportunity. In this weather and middle of the season, a fourth OF can be so important, allowing Willingham to DH, and giving Span and Revere a rare day off.

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Good to see Mastroianni getting some opportunity. In this weather and middle of the season, a fourth OF can be so important, allowing Willingham to DH, and giving Span and Revere a rare day off.

I grudgingly admit that Mastrioanni might be an okay fourth outfielder and pinch runner. It looks like he's quite a capable fielder (haven't really looked into it much, just going off the eyeball test), he's not terrified of taking a walk, and he's speedy. That's pretty much all you can ask from a fourth outfielder on the Twins.

#6 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Can Butera use a racial slur about Liriano so we can get this asinine personal catcher bs to stop?

Honestly, this is how Butera should be used. Day game after a doubleheader that's also a travel day.

Of course, we know that Gardy is putting him out there because Liriano is pitching but I can't complain about the move too much... this time.

#7 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Prediciton: Butler breaks up Liriano's no-hitter in the 6th. After what Chen did to us last time, I'm not giggly about scoring more than 2 runs this game.

#8 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

*sigh* Is this going to turn into another "I hate Butera" thread?

#9 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I wish they would let Casilla play a little more consistently. At this point, I don't think he is a long term solution, but the Twins should let him play and be a stop-gap until better options are ready or cut bait.

#10 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

I wish they would let Casilla play a little more consistently. At this point, I don't think he is a long term solution, but the Twins should let him play and be a stop-gap until better options are ready or cut bait.

Such a frustrating player. So freakin' annoying to watch. I want to like Casilla so much.

Yesterday was such a perfect example of Casilla. He stops and does nothing after beating out a throw and fails to advance to second after the ball sails away. Unacceptable.

Then he gets on base a couple more times and causes all-out anarchy on the basepaths, stealing bases at will.

He makes me want to bash my face into a door most days.

#11 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

He makes me want to bash my face into a door most days.

Actually, you can say that about most of the people on the roster these days.

#12 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,296 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

*sigh* Is this going to turn into another "I hate Butera" thread?

Let's hope not. Today he is allowing Mauer and Doumit to get some needed rest after yesterday's doubleheader.

#13 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Francisco certainly looks like he's dealing again today.

#14 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Looks like Plouffe has found his groove again.

#15 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,296 posts

Plouffe!!!

#16 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Hell yeah!
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#17 Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman

• Members
  • 25 posts

Trevor "F-ing" Ploufee

#18 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

The master of the solo home run strikes again! I can't believe what Plouffe has turned into over the past month. Amazing.

#19 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

The only complaint I have is that it seems like all Plouffe's homers are solo shots - anybody got any stats on this?

#20 Dilligaf69

Dilligaf69

• Members
  • 365 posts

Trevor enjoys hitting at TF!

#21 Dilligaf69

Dilligaf69

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

The only complaint I have is that it seems like all Plouffe's homers are solo shots - anybody got any stats on this?

No stats needed it's true I pointed it out before but we'll take it.

#22 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

14 solo shots this season. Correction, 15 including the one he just hit.

#23 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,296 posts

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that Plouffe would be on track for 35+ homers?

#24 Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio

Super Friend

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Looks like Liriano will bring his ERA into the 4s today, if all continues to go well.
Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

#25 Scheherezade

Scheherezade

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

That's the downside of hitting behind Morneau I guess.

#26 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Looks like Liriano will bring his ERA into the 4s today, if all continues to go well.

He looks a bit wild today. At this pace he may only be able to go 6 innings.

#27 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

That's the downside of hitting behind Morneau I guess.

That seems like a fair point. Does anyone have a stat about how often Plouffe bats with men on base compared with the league average?

#28 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,582 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Trevor enjoys hitting at TF!

I thnk it's safe to say... Trevor has given himself a little bit of the benefit of the doubt and he will be penciled into the lineup at 3B for the Twins for a long period of time. He could go back to struggling and the Twins will give him some time to see if he can get back to what he is doing right now.

I had my doubts... I still have some... But... Holy Cow... The Job belongs to him... Can anyone argue that? Congrats to Trevor!!!

#29 Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman

• Members
  • 25 posts

[TABLE="class: rgMasterTable, width: 950"] [TR] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: left"]Season[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: left"]Split[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]G[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]AB[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]PA[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]H[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]1B[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]2B[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]3B[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]HR[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]R[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]RBI[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]BB[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]IBB[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]SO[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]HBP[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]SF[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]SH[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]GDP[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]SB[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]CS[/TH] [TH="class: rgHeader, bgcolor: gray, align: right"]AVG[/TH] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE="class: rgMasterTable, width: 950"] [TR="class: rgRow grid_total, bgcolor: #E7E7E7"] [TD="class: grid_line_regular"]2012[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular"]Bases Empty[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]54[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]109[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]123[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]35[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]7[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]14[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]30[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].321[/TD] [/TR] [TR="class: rgRow grid_total, bgcolor: #DEE0C8"] [TD="class: grid_line_regular"]2012[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular"]Men on Base[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]52[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]87[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]98[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]13[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]8[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]3[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]2[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]2[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]15[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]9[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]17[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]1[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]1[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]6[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"]0[/TD] [TD="class: grid_line_regular, align: right"].149[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

#30 etspaceman

etspaceman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

He looks a bit wild today. At this pace he may only be able to go 6 innings.

Isn't that the case every time he pitches?