Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Full Court Press for Dozier--What took so long?

dickbert all-star defense
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• Twins Mods
  • 8,042 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

The PR guys at the Twins front office seem to have decided that Dozier should be on the All-Star team. The pre-game featured Dozier and every time he did something there was more praise. It's remindful of the way Hunter has been treated since he has come back to Minnesota.

Dozier is All-Star worthy, but it's too late for him to win the vote. Why beat the drum for something that isn't going to happen? It is going to be in the hands of the AL manager and the league.

I have been thinking about Dozier being an All-Star for weeks, but the best thing for him is eliminating unworthy or marginal candidates from winning the vote. I don't think he's a sure thing, but his recent surge makes his case better. The Twins late PR push really won't do anything.

#2 blairpaul715

blairpaul715

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationMinot, ND

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

Well it might help him in that is might produce pressure for him to be selected by the manager, as much as Perkins has done, if we only get one representative, i hope it to be Dozier.

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,426 posts
  • LocationThe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

They should be doing this when KC is in town.I'm to the point where I no longer care about fan voting.

#4 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

Perk is the slam dunk Twins all star, but if Perk doesn't go to the game for some reason, then you are looking at either Dozier or Plouffe. With Pelfrey and Gibson slipping, one else on the Twins really has a case. Unfortunately for Dozier, it's a competitive year for second baseman.

So you are looking at a long two weeks of chin scratching / politics / horse trading before the all star game. Dozier could really make his case with a strong series vs KC this next weekend. Or if Perkins can't go.

EDIT: Hunter has a case if he stays hot at the plate

Edited by Hosken Bombo Disco, 28 June 2015 - 06:09 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dickbert, all-star, defense