Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Fort Myers Spring Training Guide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-Training-Guide
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#2 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

One thing I noticed down there that's much different than in MN for drivers, is the amount of U-turns you are forced to make on the roads of Fort Myers. We stayed at a hotel on Cleveland Ave, and I swear we made at least 100 U-turns on that road over the course of 4 days.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

I have only been to Fort Myers once but I hope to get back there someday so I enjoyed your post! I believe the Patinella’s chicken grill you mention in your culinary guide is the same franchise that has a stand at the Minnesota State Fair. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it’s quite tasty. They have a few options that are also gluten free if that is a concern for anyone. I would also recommend Sun Harvest Citrus, which is about a mile down the road from Hammond Stadium. They had awesome fruit samples, freshly squeezed juices and ice cream cones. Enjoy!

#4 Ruth

Ruth

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Other fun things to do on the off days: go to the beach, take a tour of the Edison-Ford Estates, or take a nature walk to look for alligators and birds (Lakes Park and Six Mile Cypress Slough are near Hammond Stadium)

#5 tjgrob

tjgrob

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

If you venture to Fort Myers Beach to have a day by the water make sure to check out the Beach Bread at the Smokin' Oyster Brewery (think cheesy bread) - it's GREAT. Also, check out Nemo's on the beach for their Shrimp Mancini - the PBR special isn't bad either!