- Article: Zimmer Wants Wins—Does Anyone Else?
Today, 03:50 PM
- Greg Jennings Receives Courage Award
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 11:15 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: The Vikings New Number One Wide Receiver?!?
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Nov 26 2014 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Article: Fort Myers Spring Training Guide
4 replies to this topic
Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:32 AM
One thing I noticed down there that's much different than in MN for drivers, is the amount of U-turns you are forced to make on the roads of Fort Myers. We stayed at a hotel on Cleveland Ave, and I swear we made at least 100 U-turns on that road over the course of 4 days.
Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:40 AM
I have only been to Fort Myers once but I hope to get back there someday so I enjoyed your post! I believe the Patinella’s chicken grill you mention in your culinary guide is the same franchise that has a stand at the Minnesota State Fair. I’ve tried it a couple of times and it’s quite tasty. They have a few options that are also gluten free if that is a concern for anyone. I would also recommend Sun Harvest Citrus, which is about a mile down the road from Hammond Stadium. They had awesome fruit samples, freshly squeezed juices and ice cream cones. Enjoy!
Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:46 AM
If you venture to Fort Myers Beach to have a day by the water make sure to check out the Beach Bread at the Smokin' Oyster Brewery (think cheesy bread) - it's GREAT. Also, check out Nemo's on the beach for their Shrimp Mancini - the PBR special isn't bad either!