Edited by greengoblinrulz, 30 June 2012 - 08:44 PM.
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 10:19 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 09:06 AM
- Article: Ponder Era Ending
Today, 01:03 AM
- Troy Williamson > Patterson
Yesterday, 09:09 PM
- 2015 upgrades
Yesterday, 03:59 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 07:49 AM
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Christmas Returns
Yesterday, 06:48 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings preview: Playing for Purple Pride and Jobs
Yesterday, 03:27 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Dec 27 2014 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Dec 26 2014 07:51 PM
- Recap: Defense Rebounds With Backup Stars, Teddy Succeeds Without Help
- The 5 Minute Major 12/28/14
- The Dearly Departed
- Wild Trivia: New Years Edition – Blue Jackets, Maple Leafs, Stars, World Juniors, Winter Classic
- Vikings Finish on a High Note and With a Lower Draft Pick
- MN Wild Sixer: the Wild Will Not Make The Playoffs
Cole DeVries vs Nick Blackburn
Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:11 PM
Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:57 PM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:21 PM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:34 PM
They sent De Vries back down because at best he would only get one more start in before the All-Star break. At this point, it isn't gonna kill the team to give Blackburn one more start to see if he can recover any kind of value. By the time we come back from the All-Star break, Pavano, Walters, and Capps will be eligible to come off the DL and it's not out of the realm of possibility that we'll have made some kind of trade. We may be able to kick Blackie out of the rotation and still keep De Vries down in AAA to develop further.
Trade for what? Why would the Twins trade for starting pitcher this year? Makes no sense at all unless it is a good looking prospect and they are trading Span for him. I guess if it takes another terrible start by Blackburn to finally convince the Twins he is not a very good pitcher whatever, doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. The fact it took this long is unacceptable.
Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:39 PM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:42 PM
Cole De Vries will be back up. They'd rather see him get a few more starts in AAA, then bring him up after the All Star game and after whatever trades happen. The Twins are so thin on pitching, a guy that can simply give them a "respectable" start (six innings, five runs) is almost a sure thing to get in the rotation. De Vries appears to be better than that. He has actually delivered a few quality starts.
Nick Blackburn does belong down in AAA to work on his mechanics. As Parker Hagman has observed, his pitches today lack the movement that used to make him an effective ground-ball pitcher. At the same time, maybe he'll rediscover his stuff with one more start. Probably not, but you never know.
LOL, 5 runs in 6 IP is a 7.5 ERA, which doesn't qualify as respectable. There once was a time when the Twins pitching staff was consistently one of the better staffs in the league, how far we've fallen...
Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:10 PM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:44 PM