Vikings Journal Forums
- NFL: Chiefs' Abdullah Should Not Have Been Penalized
Today, 12:08 AM
- Grantland: Keep It Simple, Teddy
Yesterday, 09:28 PM
- The NFL Now Has All Of The Monies
Yesterday, 08:06 PM
- America's Pregame Takes Aim At Aaron Rodgers
Yesterday, 03:47 PM
- MUST SEE: Brett Favre's new commercial
Yesterday, 03:33 PM
- Packers' coach Mike McCarthy on the Vikings
Yesterday, 02:54 PM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
Twolves making strong push for Gasol
8 replies to this topic
Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:32 PM
I think it's brilliant. I mean, yeah, we have glaring holes at the 2 and 3 spots, but why not get a 33 year old who's best position is the 4? It's not like we have a ton of talent at the 4 right? In all seriousness, all the positive momentum this team has built with me could be crushed in one move if they do this. If you're going to move Williams at least target Iguodala or someone like that where we actually have a need at the position. This makes no friggin sense.
Edited by TheLeviathan, 29 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.
Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:30 AM
I know Gasol's age is a big deal, but if they think he can give you 2 good years I say do it. Williams is just going to be a guy in this league Gasol will give us one of the best front lines in the league. Then we easily get a good 2 guard to come here either as a free agent or in one of those silly trades that happen in the NBA. So in a lot of ways the trade ends up being Williams for the guard with the bonus of Gasol. Everyone says but then you lose to OKC if your lucky enough to ever face them in the playoffs, so basically the reason not to do this is because instead of not winning a championship they won't win a championship? This is there best chance ever, what did all the years with Garnett prior to sprewell get them? 52 wins here and 49 wins there is meaningless. Durant will be the favorite, but with Love Gasol and Peckovik along with Rubio and hopefully a Sprewell level guard it's not going to be very easy. I know I wasn't imagining this team being elite 3 or 4 years down the road. Go for it all now, and worry about it later, guys don't stay young for long. Either way we will be on the downslide sooner then we think.