Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. Royals 6/8/15 7:10 PM

season series speed defense power home field
  • Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Kirby_waved_at_me

Kirby_waved_at_me

• 2,141 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

whew...

#122 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 4,985 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

Argh

#123 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,426 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

Ok, just watched the top of the 8th inning, i have a rules question.............runner on 3rd 2 outs , and batter strikes out, with ball in dirt, if Suzuki ends up tagging runner instead of throwing to first , but runner from 3rd scores before tag, does the run count???? I was getting kind of nervous there untill Morales was called out walking out of the dirt.

Not 100 percent sure, but I am quite certain that the out at first is considered a force out, so it wouldn't matter if the runner from third crossed the plate first.

• mickeymental likes this

#124 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 4,985 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

Slow game when the TV color guy describes the catcher returning the ball to the pitcher

#125 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• 9,346 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

Rally time.It looks like the last 3 hitters in our order are hot tonight.We need to get to them.

#126 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 4,985 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

Not 100 percent sure, but I am quite certain that the out at first is considered a force out, so it wouldn't matter if the runner from third crossed the plate first.

is it a force out on a tag?

#127 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Ok, just watched the top of the 8th inning, i have a rules question.............runner on 3rd 2 outs , and batter strikes out, with ball in dirt, if Suzuki ends up tagging runner instead of throwing to first , but runner from 3rd scores before tag, does the run count???? I was getting kind of nervous there untill Morales was called out walking out of the dirt.

it's a force out, either way. The hitter/runner has to reach first base, how he is retired is moot. Last year in an amateur game I saw the oddest thing. On a two strike count, some idiot stole home with two outs and a left handed hitter up. The guy did not swing, taking strike 3 which the catcher dropped. Then casually threw to first. Of course the runner had crossed the plate way earlier, and when the run was not count everyone went bat poopy crazy!
  • glunn and Hosken Bombo Disco like this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#128 blairpaul715

blairpaul715

• 730 posts
  • LocationMinot, ND

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

it's a force out, either way. The hitter/runner has to reach first base, how he is retired is moot. Last year in an amateur game I saw the oddest thing. On a two strike count, some idiot stole home with two outs and a left handed hitter up. The guy did not swing, taking strike 3 which the catcher dropped. Then casually threw to first. Of course the runner had crossed the plate way earlier, and when the run was not count everyone went bat poopy crazy!

I dont doubt that is the rule, just thought unless you touch a bag it was not a force out, but thanks

#129 Kirby_waved_at_me

Kirby_waved_at_me

• 2,141 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

okay, I take back the thing I said about the "shaky Royals bullpen" -- maybe today will be the day.

I think Vargas, despite the 2 strikeouts, had some of the better at bats last night. There were some ugly plate appearances from Dozier, Hunter, and Plouffe. Hope that turns around in a hurry.

Hughes was fine after that homer, too bad the Twins could only manage one run.

• JB_Iowa likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: season series, speed, defense, power, home field