Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Deep fantasy baseball league

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#41 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Me and Kab made a trade: I get: Sano Robbie Erlin Arcia Hendriks He gets: Harvey Matt Dominguez Alex Torres I hate giving up Harvey but glad I get a high upside pitcher in Erlin back (top 50-100 in a lot of lists) hopefully he doesn't need TJS. Sano and Arcia are what they are and Hendriks hopefully becomes another #3/#4 in my rotation. Dominguez and Torres would have both been cut from my team at the end of the year anyways so I see it as a 1 for 4 trade personally.

#42 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

My end is all about Harvey. I needed another really good MLB pitcher since that's what sunk my season this year. I also have found too many prospects to keep this year although I wasn't happy putting Arcia in the deal.

#43 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

My end is all about Harvey. I needed another really good MLB pitcher since that's what sunk my season this year. I also have found too many prospects to keep this year although I wasn't happy putting Arcia in the deal.

Arcia was the key for me. I suddenly have a glut of OF, anyone interested in Gardner?

#44 username

username

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

pretty good trade for both sides although dave has a tendency to overvalue the ability of his young SPs to pan out.. i don't know if i'd be shipping any of them out just yet. that's one heck of a prospect haul, though and im a huge sano fan. i think dominguez is pretty much worthless and torres isnt much better but it looks like kab agrees with me there. kab's team kinda got old pretty quickly but there are some really nice prospects on that roster. if you could flip guys like cuddyer and beurhle that would be pretty sweet.

#45 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

The thing is that I don't really need to flip guys like Cuddyer and Buehrle. I have prospects coming up everywhere and there is pretty much zero interest in them.

#46 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good luck in the playoffs, Mike!

#47 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Good luck Guido ****.

#48 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

You gotta represent BYTO.

#49 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

I might see you in the third round of the losers bracket. So watch the well-wishes. Does the losers bracket winner get anything? A wreath full of suck, perhaps?

#50 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

You get at least the entry fee back I think but I'll be honest that I don't really care at this point. I'll probably stay involved enough to update my roster but I barely have any MLB'ers on my bench anyway. My team is just tanking right now though. It's like they drove off a cliff right before Haren and Garza got injured. Hopefully those 2 bounce back (Buehrle keeps rolling) and Holland/Skaggs/Harvey bring it next year.

#51 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I might win the losers bracket, my pitches have been on fire. Cobb has been a pleasant surprise.

#52 username

username

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I might see you in the third round of the losers bracket. So watch the well-wishes. Does the losers bracket winner get anything? A wreath full of suck, perhaps?

i won the losers tourny the first year and i believe it was just next year's entry fee. we changed the payouts at some point, though.

team name's annual implode-for-the-playoffs event is underway. i really can't catch a freaking break in this league.

#53 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Tyler skaggs you are it. Haren demoted to the bench instead of 2 start Magic Santana.

Not looking good for our BYTO rep in the winner's tourney. come on perfect game and then some.

#54 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Looks like I'll need to cut 8 from my roster to make room for the 5 player cut, clearing the DL and picking 2 in the MiLB draft. Of course I'll try to trade but the bottom end of my roster looks like:

Chipper - retired
Arredondo - never getting a closer gig in Cincy
Dejesus - I always keeps him and he always does enough to deserve it

3 pitchers with mixed success this year. I'm 6 deep w/o these guys next year.
Ervin Santana - pretty much have to keep him (prime trade candidate)
Bass
Wood

a pile of MiLBers that I need to look at further - a lot of upside/risk that I like
Wojciechowski
Harrison
Aderlin Rodriguez
Schoop
Elier Hernandez
Heathcott
Carlos Sanchez
Gould
Felix Jorge - I'm a sucker for Twins
Bettis

#55 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Awesome! I've stirred things up again.

#56 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, I am not a fan of this off-season trade ****. Some of these guys need to get a life outside of fantasy.

#57 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I wouldn't be so upset if he wasn't so wishy washy with his lying/backtracking. Just man up.

#58 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, Bee Chem is a chump. But the rule is ridiculous in that it only punishes the noble (or the lazy). If the rule was enforceable, I might feel differently, but there's little gained from having a trading freeze, other than giving people a sure-thing break, which the league should be under no obligation to give.

#59 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, Bee Chem is a chump. But the rule is ridiculous in that it only punishes the noble (or the lazy). If the rule was enforceable, I might feel differently, but there's little gained from having a trading freeze, other than giving people a sure-thing break, which the league should be under no obligation to give.

He's a weird dude, got banned 3+ years from his sweedish baseball league because he punched some dude in the face during a game.

#60 username

username

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

He's a weird dude, got banned 3+ years from his sweedish baseball league because he punched some dude in the face during a game.

lolol how did you find this out